What do I get with my Challenge entry?
Each participant will receive:
- Under Armour Participant T-Shirt
- TTC Picto Magnets
- Digital Race Badges
Can I participate if I live outside of Toronto?
Race kits won’t be shipped internationally, however if you live outside of Canada, you can still participate by shipping to a Canadian address or encouraging a friend or family member in Toronto to pick up your race kit on your behalf.
During the Challenge
How do I input my distance and time?
Participants will be able to upload their distances and times from November 16th to December 16th. Each time you complete an activity, you will track it on the Race Roster Challenge Platform by following these steps:
- Go to the Race Roster Challenge Platform
- Login to your Race Roster account
- Select which line you would like to add your distance to by clicking the ‘Event’ drop down*
*participants should start with Line 1, then move on to line 2 etc.
- Once you have selected your Line, Click the ‘Post Activity’ button
- Add the distance and duration of your run as well as the time you started this activity*
*If your distance is longer than the remaining distance you need to complete a line, you will split your distance between two Lines. , you have 3.5km left to complete Line 1 and you go for a 5km run, you will add 3.5km to Line 1 as your first activity, and then add 1.5km to Line 2 as a second activity.
- Select ‘Submit Activity’
Once an activity is submitted, you’ll see your icon move along your results map!
When can I run or walk the Challenge?
We challenge you to complete 76.5 km (the distance of the Toronto subway system) between November 16th – December 16th.
Where can I run or walk the Challenge?
Wherever you are! The joy of participating in a virtual challenge is you can start right outside your front door. Please follow the guidelines outlined by your local government regarding physical activity outdoors to ensure you are keeping yourself and your community safe.
Do I have to run or walk the full distance at one time?
Definitely not! You have 31 days to complete 76.5 km, running or walking anywhere and anytime you want.
What is the total distance I have to move?
76.5 km! This is broken down by subway line as:
Yonge-University LINE 1 - 38 Stations - 38.4 km
Bloor-Danforth LINE 2 - 31 Stations - 26.2 km
Scarborough LINE 3 - 6 Stations - 6.4 km
Sheppard LINE 4 - 5 Stations - 5.5 km
Are there any Challenge Safety Tips?
- Complete your challenge solo. Do not run or walk with anyone else, unless they live in your household.
- If you are moving with someone from your household, move single file, allowing others to pass you easily and safely.
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day.
- Adhere to social distancing practices* while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Use a treadmill, if this is an option that is available to you and that you would prefer.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
- Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route. There are no water stations along the way in a virtual space.
- Carry a cell phone with you and tell someone the route you will follow in case of an emergency.
*Follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
When will I get my race kit?
If you selected to pick up your race kit in Toronto, the packet pickup schedule is as follows:
Canada Running Series Office (264 The Esplanade, Toronto) or Canada Running Series Warehouse (73 Galaxy Blvd, Unit 4/5, Etobicoke)
Dates and Times:
• Thursday December 10th, 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
• Friday December 11th, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Monday December 14th, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Tuesday December 15th, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Wednesday December 16th, 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
If you selected to have your items shipped to you, we will begin shipping on December 14th.
How can I donate to Good Foot Delivery?
Click Here to make a general donation.
Click Here to support a participant.
How can I fundraise in support of Good Foot Delivery?
It’s easy to get started – simply personalize your fundraising page and send it around to family and friends!
- To customize your page, select Donate to participant, search for your name, and click on Donate on one of your profiles (there will be five).
- Sign in to Race Roster if not yet logged in (top right).
- Click Edit fundraising page below the profile image on the right-hand side.
- Specify your fundraising goal, write a personal message, and upload a photo.
- Be sure to scroll down and click Save updated fundraising information.