Edmonton has more than 160km of maintained multi-use trails. Go for an adventurous run as Frank McNamara runs you through Edmonton's beautiful river valley on his popular Wednesday Night Spring Cross Country Running Series!
|Race #1||Emily Murphy Park||5:45 PM (Wave Start)|
|Race #2||Fort Edmonton / Whitemud Park||5:45 PM (Wave Start)|
|Race #3||Kinsmen Park / George Smith Special||5:45 PM (Wave Start)|
|Race #4||Forest Heights Park||5:45 PM (Wave Start)|
|Race #5||74 Ave / Keillor Road & Saskatchewan Drive||5:45 PM (Wave Start)|
|Race #6||Hawrelak Park||5:45 PM (Wave Start)|
The Frank McNamara Cross Country Series has been modified to fit with the current Covid-19 AHS requirements. As we transition into a new "normal" for running, the following guidelines will be in place to ensure both athlete and staff safety:
- Athletes must sign up online via Race Roster; Onsite Race Registration will no longer be available. Online Registration on Race Day has been extended to ensure athletes have ample time to register.
- There will be no pre-race briefing prior to the start of the event; details will be posted online via Facebook and emailed to participants.
- We kindly ask you wear a mask before and after your race on race location; masks are not needed during your actual race. Should you not have a mask on race site, a disposable one can be provided for you
- Please maintain proper Hand Hygiene etiquette; Hand Sanitizer will be available on-site.
- Please social distance on race site while waiting for your event to begin.
- When you are finished your race, please take your belongings and go home! There will be no post-race draw prizes or awards.
- Frank McNamara Cross Country will now be similar to a time-trial event. The race will start in a series of waves, 20 persons to a wave. Each wave will leave spaced out 2 minutes apart. Frank XC will be now starting at 5:45 PM to ensure that all waves are sent out in a timely manner.
- Athletes will be spaced 2 meters apart, standing beside pylons, to start their race.
- Please do not show up to the race site more than 30 minutes prior to your specific wave start
If you were a Full Series Spring Registrant, your Registration has been moved automatically by the Frank XC Team. You do not need to take any additional steps and can show up to the race site like any normal Frank XC event.
Disclaimer Regarding Cancellations and Refunds
- Should Alberta Health Services (AHS) cancel this event for any reason, refunds / credit will not be made available.
- Should a registered athlete be unable to attend the 2020 Fall Series, rollovers can be made to the Spring 2021 Series.
Registering for Multiple Events
If you would like to register for multiple events but not the full series please follow these steps:
- Select the first event you would like to register for and complete registration questions, click Submit.
- After submitting registration questions, click on the button that says "Register another Participant"
- Repeat for each additional event you would like to register for.
Frank McNamara Cross Country Series is timed using a ChronoTrack timing tag, once you have been issued a timing tag, you are responsible to bring and maintain your timing tag for the duration of the entire series. Any timing tag lost or broken will be replaced at a flat fee of $5.00.
- September 16 5:45 p.m. MDT - Race #1 Emily Murphy Park - 5:45pm
- September 23 5:45 p.m. MDT - Race #2 Whitemud Park - 5:45pm
- September 30 5:45 p.m. MDT - Race #3 Kinsmen Park / Queen Elizabeth Park - 5:45pm
- October 7 5:45 p.m. MDT - Race #4 Forest Heights Park - 5:45pm
- October 14 5:45 p.m. MDT - Race #5 Keillor Road / Saskatchewan Drive - 5:45pm
- October 21 5:45 p.m. MDT - Race #7 Hawrelak Park # - 5:45pm