The First 5K Downhill Dash
A Connected Racing Experience
October 17 - November 15, 2020
Say goodbye to your 5k PR!
What am I getting into?
A fast 5k with a net 432 foot elevation loss from Hopkinton to Ashland, MA along route 135.
- You have from October 17th 12am until November 15th 11:59pm to run your best possible time on your own schedule.
- The race will have a live leaderboard, scored as an individual and team race.
- Think you have more in the tank? Go out and run the course again! If you log a faster time it'll take the place of your previous attempts.
What about my team?
Rally the troops – you need at least 6 people to log a team score
- Everyone competes as an Individual by default, but you can also sign up as part of a Team (price is the same).
- Teams can be single-sex or co-ed: the results will automatically be computed for Men-Women-Mixed Teams.
- Team scores are determined by the best 6 results on each course:
- Fastest 6 women on each team comprise Women's Team score
- Fastest 6 men on each team comprise Men's Team score
- Fastest 3 women + fastest 3 men on each team comprise Mixed Team score
Show me the money (and prizes)!
Of course the thrill of competition is what we're missing the most but if you need a little extra motivation, we have some money and prizes for you. If you have a verified result, you are eligible for:
- 1st overall individual (men/women)- $400 each
- 2nd overall individual (men/women)- $200 each
- 3rd overall individual (men/women)- $100 each
- 1st overall team (men/women)- $400 per team
- 2nd overall team (men/women)- $200 per team
- 3rd overall team (men/women)- $125 per team
- 1st overall mixed team- $300 per team
- 2nd overall mixed team- $200 per team
- 3rd overall mixed team- $125 per team
- 1st age group winners (men/women)- $25 gift card to Marathon Sports
- 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Raffle prizes of- 2 Premvida Bolt self-massagers, 5 $200 gift cards to Forward Spine and Sport, 5 $100 gift cards for a movement screen at Platinum Physical Therapy.
What about the SWAG?
Swag is the key to a great event which is why our super amazing sponsors stepped up and pulled out the stops. Each participants will receive a pair of:
-From Squad Locker a t-shirt, face mask, and draw string bag
-Momentus with a discount code for their nutritional products
-A store discount at Marathon Sports when you pick up your swag bag
How does it work?
Do you run with a GPS watch* or a smartphone? Then you're all set for Automated & Verified results. You link it up to a PWR Lab Training App account – this is free, and requires no commitment or subscription to the PWR Lab Training App.
Don't have a compatible device, or don't want to use one? You can manually upload results on the Honor System as well.
*Compatible devices: anything that syncs 'running' activities to COROS, Garmin Connect, Suunto App, or Polar Flow. Smartphone users can download the Suunto App for free, and record runs directly on the phone.
Suunto Movescount, Apple Watch, Stava, Fitbit, or any others are not currently compatible, but can still be used in some cases through a third party (RunGap) or submitted as manual results.
Screenshots, GPX files, or any other device files will not be accepted for results verification.
Persons convicted of a performance enhancing (doping) violation per USATF, USADA, WADA, and others guidelines will not be eligible for any cash or other prizes.
Prize money is subject to registration numbers. Race director has the right to reduce prize amounts.
$35.00Oct 12 - Nov 14