Above all else, we are striving to make this event as safe as it can possibly be for all our participants, volunteers, and staff. If you're feeling unwell (or uncomfortable participating), we want you to be able to stay home, stay safe, and join us next year without feeling like you're losing out. In order to make that happen, we are offering flexible options so participants can make responsible decisions based on their health.
Here are our options for registered participants who can't make it to the race:
- DEFERRALS: Anyone can defer their entry to the 2021 event at any point before 9am on Saturday, December 5th. There is a $20 deferral processing fee. To complete your deferral, select the option from our race store. Any requests after this date and time will not be able to be honored. If you choose this option you would be withdrawing from the event and would not be able to receive your swag or finisher medal. Note: If you have opted for the mail option of the swag, and want to defer after this swag has already been sent out, instead of a free deferral to the 2021 event, we will offer you a partial credit to register for the event for 2021.
- TRANSFER TO ANOTHER PARTICIPANT: You can transfer your registration to another participant for a $10 fee before November 29nd at midnight. After that date, deferring your registration to the virtual event, or the 2021 event are your only options.
- TRANSFER REGISTRATION FROM IN-PERSON TO VIRTUAL: You can transfer your in-person registration to a virtual registration for free at any point before the race.
- REFUNDS: We have a small, but mighty team that is working on all the details to produce this event safe for you and everyone in our community in attendance. Due to the event taking place within such a short period of time, we are incurring the expenses for production already and will not be able to provide a refund to you should you want to cancel your registration, or if the event itself gets cancelled.
- CANCELLATION: As we all know the pandemic changes things quickly! We ask that you be flexible and patient as we may have to adjust things for this event up until the event takes place. In the event that the U.S. or NC government declares a new stay-at-home order or places new restrictions on gatherings and we are not able to have the in person event, all ‘in person’ event registrations will automatically be converted to the Virtual event. If it gets switched to a virtual event, you will receive a partial credit for the 2021 event and your swag mailed for free.
For instructions on how to transfer your registration to another person or event, CLICK HERE.