Run Week: Friday, November 20 through Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 12:00 pm PST
Virtual Awards Ceremony: Saturday, November 28 at 4:00 pm PST
The Sonoma Academy Alumni Association is excited to present the first ever, most awesome version of a 5K race, jog or even amble that you (yes you!) have ever contemplated entering - the SA5K! This is a Covid-safe race, which means creating your own route and running it in the safety of your own company (or the company of your family/friend pod).
- First things first, register! (If you are under the age of 16, please register with a parent or guardian and make sure to check off "registering someone else" near the top of the form).
- Next up, download Runkeeper™ (app to upload your time and route) You will receive an email with a link to connect your race registration with the Runkeeper™ app so that you can upload your run/walk.
- Check out this awesome community-built Spotify playlist that will help you get pumped up for your race!
- Then complete your 5K. Run, jog, or walk your route and upload it to Runkeeper™ any time between Friday, November 20 and 12:00 pm, Saturday, November 28 (detailed instructions for upload, below)
- And along the way, TAKE SOME PHOTOS! We want to see your route, your racewear, your mask, your style… Share your photos before, during and after your 5K is complete:
- After you have made it to your own personal finish line, JOIN US AT THE AWARDS BANQUET. OK, just kidding, no banquet. But this is not an event you want to miss. We are not limiting our winner to whoever has the fastest time, how boring!
- Gather online on Saturday, November 28 at 4:00 pm PST to see your competitors and find out who are winners are, with your favorite hosts: Sonoma Academy Athletic Director Chris Ziemer, Associate Director of Athletics Kevin Christensen & Alumnae Emily McNab ‘07
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q. How do I record my participation with the Runkeeper app?
- A. To record your participation with the Runkeeper app, you will need to track your activity using your phone or with a connected wearable using these step-by-step instructions (with images) on how to track your participation using the ASICS Runkeeper app (also included your registration email).
Please note that if you add the SA5K event to the app and then close out the window, the SA5K race will still be listed when you go back and click on the checkered flag icon at a later date, whenever you are ready to start your run, jog, or walk.
- Q. I am still having technical difficulties, who can help?
- A. Race Roster can be reached by phone at 1-855-969-5515 Monday-Friday 9AM - 8PM (EST) and Saturday/Sunday 8AM - 3PM (EST) or contact email@example.com.
- Q. I am more of a tortoise than a hare, is the fastest time the only opportunity for me to compete?
- A. Definitely not. C’mon, this is SA. Just make sure to upload your photographs and your route map in order to qualify for one of our other categories:
- Most Scenic Route
- Most Spirited Coyote Wear
- Most Creative Attire
- Most "2020"
- Most Impressive Route Art Uploaded to Runkeeper™ (word, picture... )
- Q. How do I attend the Awards Ceremony?
- A. Easy to do from anywhere in the world. Just log on from wherever you are. A link will be distributed closer to the event date, for now just mark your calendar: Saturday, November 28, 4pm PST
- Q. Is this event free?
- A. Yes, the SA5K is a community event, designed to bring us together virtually in a year that has posed unique challenges for us all...a year when connection and community feel even more essential.
FreeNov 1 - Nov 28