DMSE Sports' Merry-Thon
December 2020 Virtual Event
26 days of fitness & good deeds
The 2020 holiday season is going to look a little different than it has in past years, so we hope you'll join us for 26 days of fun, fitness, and acts of kindness. The challenge is easy: each day, complete at least one mile by walking, pushing yourself in a wheelchair, snowshoeing, running, or whatever your desired activity, and complete one good deed. It's a holiday season that will exercise your body and soul!
In addition, we've partnered with a Boston-area non-profit, Christmas in the City. Since 1989, it has run non-denominational holiday events for children and families experiencing homelessness and poverty, and throughout the year is always on the lookout for ways to help those in need. Christmas in the City is a 100% volunteer organization with a strong ethos of “community caring for community.” This year, they've had to cancel their in-person events and are focusing on bringing the joy of the holiday season to 37 area shelters and approximately 600 children and 500 parents, and they could use some financial support in making that happen. The DMSE Sports Foundation will match the first $2500 in donations.
There are two options for registering:
- The Merry-Thon Gift Pack ($50—for all participants registering with U.S. addresses) includes the following:
- December calendar page
- a sheet of Merry-Thon stickers to track your holiday streak
- 25-piece jigsaw puzzle with a custom 2020 design
- Merry-Thon finisher's ornament (3-in, full-color ornament with a holiday ribbon)
- The Merry-Thon Digital Pack ($30—for all U.S. and international participants) includes the following:
- Digital file for printing the December calendar page
- Digital file for printing the sheet of Merry-Thon stickers for tracking your holiday streak
- Digital finisher's badge
- Each day between December 1-26, complete at least one mile of activity using your preferred tracking device.
- After you complete your activity, log into your dashboard as a Participant.
- On your Participant Dashboard go to the DMSE Sports' Merry-Thon and click + Add activity.
- You will then be directed to the activity submission page where you will want to enter the date you completed the activity, the distance/unit you traveled, and a screenshot if you wish.
- Once you have submitted an activity, you will be then be taken to your challenge dashboard where you can see your completed activities, statistics, and have the ability to post more.
- Because the minimum daily distance is one mile, after you have completed 26 miles, you'll receive a downloadable finisher's certificate. As always, you're welcome to do more mileage!
- Refer to this article for more instructional steps.
December calendar and stickers, puzzle, finisher’s ornament, digital streak badges
$50.00Nov 11 - Dec 25
Digital files for printing calendar, stickers, and streak badges
$30.00Nov 11 - Dec 25