Saturday, September 11, 2021
Offering three event distances with staggered start times:
7:15 AM = Marathon | 8:00 AM = Half Marathon | 8:15 AM = 5K
In 2020, we introduced the marathon distance to the Fair on the Square Half Marathon to provide runners with a marathon opportunity during COVID times. The marathon sold at 150 participants representing 21 states. Because of the success, we will offer the marathon distance again in 2021!
The Fair on the Square Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K Presented by Hendricks Regional Health is located on the beautiful Danville Courthouse Square. As the kickoff event to the Tri-Kappa's Fair on the Square festival, runners get to enjoy the benefits and festivities of a traditional small-town offerings and presentation. So much so that Hollywood was onsite last year to film the movie Mayberry the week prior to our event. That is what you can expect when you run with us in 2021.
The Marathon is a USATF certified marathon distance using a two-loop course as a 2021-2022 Boston qualifier!
Some of the great features of Fair on the Square Event:
- One of the most country-scenic Half Marathon courses you can run in the Indianapolis metro area
- Water stations every 2 miles
- Chip timing system
- Music at the start/finish
- Age group winner and Overall awards
- Distance specific medals for all finishers
- Official events for all participants
- Free finisher photos
- Portalets at every water stop
- Fair food at the finish + Beer Garden
- USATF certified marathon and half marathon courses
- Marathon Cap = 100
- Half Marathon Cap = 200
- 5K Cap = 150
A USATF certified two-loop course can be your 2021 Boston Qualifier. Limited to 150 runners. 6-hour maximum time limit.
$55.00Now registering Jan 1 – May 31
$60.00Jun 1 – Aug 31
$75.00Sep 1 – Sep 10
The half marathon course offers country-scenic views once you leave Courthouse Square. The first half is fast but the second half offers some challenging rolling hills. Save your best for miles 9-11 and you will have a great race.
$50.00Now registering Jan 1 – May 31
$55.00Jun 1 – Aug 31
$65.00Sep 1 – Sep 10
$30.00Now registering Jan 1 – May 31
$35.00Jun 1 – Aug 31
$40.00Sep 1 – Sep 10
The Marathon Waitlist has reached capacity and we have turned off the waitlist. Thanks for the interest and safe running!
- September 10 4:00 PM EDT - Packet Pickup and Registration (Friday. 9/11))
- September 11 12:00 AM EDT - Race Day! (Saturday, 9/12)
- September 11 6:30 AM EDT - Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration
- September 11 7:15 AM EDT - marathon start
- September 11 8:00 AM EDT - Half Marathon Start
- September 11 8:15 AM EDT - 5K Start
- September 11 9:30 AM EDT - 5K Awards Ceremony
- September 11 10:30 AM EDT - Half Marathon Awards Ceremony
- September 11 11:00 AM EDT - Marathon Awards Ceremony
- September 11 1:15 PM EDT - Marathon Course Closure