Starting from Cairo at Illinois' southernmost tip and ending in downtown Chicago, Bicycle Illinois is the only bicycle tour across the entire state of Illinois and one of the most challenging in the Midwest. You'll cycle for 6 days and cover at least 500 miles, an average of 85 miles per day, and century options are available every day as well.
Whether you are a recreational cyclist looking for a sense of accomplishment or an athlete looking to challenge yourself and improve your cycling skills, Bicycle Illinois has something for you. You'll gain a new level of satisfaction and self confidence as you ride with new friends along the way!
Included Services & Merchandise
All the amenities you need are included at one low price. We've made it easy for you to focus on cycling and having fun!
- Our experienced, caring, Professional Staff
- The safest, most direct, fully paved Route which primarily follows back roads and bike paths
- Pre-designated Rest Stops every 15 to 20 miles
- Detailed Cue Sheets, Maps, and On-Road Signage
- On Road SAG Vehicle Support
- Inside and outside sleeping arrangements at our Nightly Lodging site including hot showers
- All You Can Eat Food (including Breakfast, on road Snacks, and Sports Drinks)
- Baggage Transportation between stopping towns
- A T-Shirt and personalized Certificate of Completion
Extra Services & Merchandise
In addition, some very nice extras are also available as well!
- Transportation to the Start for you, your bicycle, and your baggage before and after the tour
- Hotels and free Hotel Baggage Delivery
- Recommended Restaurants with nutritious dinners appropriate for cycling
- Long-Term Parking in every nightly stopping town
- Mechanical Support in town and on the road
- Massage Therapy and daily Towel Service
- Bicycle Illinois Jerseys, Water Bottles, Extra T-Shirts, Baseball Hats and Polo Shirts
Tri-State Tour Chicago Century #2
You can also continue your journey all the way to Wisconsin on the Tri-State Tour Chicago Century #2, which also includes a century option. You can cycle up to 7 centuries in a row - no other cycling event even comes close!
Registration & Prices
Check bicycleillinois.com for registration deadlines and additional price information. Partial day tours are also available.
WE DO NOT ISSUE ANY REFUNDS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON. If you do not participate and would like a refund, you MUST purchase an individual travel insurance plan, which will reimburse you according to the plan coverage. Many plans are very reasonably priced. As part of your online registration you will have the option to purchase an individual travel insurance plan offered through RegShield. This plan must be purchased as part of your initial online registration - it cannot be added later. If you do not purchase the RegShield plan you can still purchase another individual travel insurance plan. Click Here or visit https://www.travelexinsurance.com/index.aspx?location=27-019927-0199&go=bp to get the details and benefits of the plan offered through Travelex Insurance, get a quote, and purchase coverage.
Additional Processing Fees Charged by RaceRoster
Please visit bicycleillinois.com for more specific information about the additional processing fees charged by RaceRoster for online registration.
Please visit bicycleillinois.com to download the paper registration forms if you do not wish to pay the additional processing fees charged by RaceRoster or wish to pay by check or money order. Unfortunately we cannot accept credit cards through paper registration.
All information is subject to change. For more information about the event and the most current information please visit http://www.bicycleillinois.com/bicycleillinois/bicycleillinois.htm
Copyright Bicycle Illinois
- Event contact
- Robert S. Layton, Ride Director
- (877) TOUR-ILL [868-7455]
- Visit website