Countdown to 5K@ADA
In 2020, the 5K@ADA had over 4,100 finishers from 89 countries. For 2021 we are aiming for finishers from 100+ countries to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the discovery of insulin.
The 5K@ADA Virtual Challenge brings together people across the globe and American Diabetes Association attendees to emphasize the need for increased physical activity to help prevent diabetes and diabetes complications. This disease awareness activity provides participants with the opportunity to raise public awareness about the importance of a healthy lifestyle in preventing and controlling diabetes.
- What is a virtual 5K? A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, or on the track.
- When? Starting on Friday, June 25 "running" through Sunday, June 27.
- How? Run or walk, then upload your results.
- Cost? Free for all registrants!
- 5K@ADA Mobile App- Download today to get insider access to 5K@ADA community benefits, including the #5KADA photo booth, training plans and updates from Team Novo Nordisk!
- Share your #5KADA moment with the community. Take a picture or share a video of your #5KADA moments on social media. Tag 5K@ADA and we will share your posts and stories!
Help set the pace for changing diabetes by running or walking the 5K@ADA Virtual Challenge!