Help create a sweet experience! The college hosts its 9th Annual Chocolate 5K run/walk event to raise funds for the student emergency fund. Sponsors who support our efforts provide deserving students with financial assistance. For more information about this event visit our Website.
$34.95 Premier Package: Includes a participation medal, custom event tech t-shirt designed by a Delaware Tech Visual Communication student, Delaware Tech magnet, and Delaware Tech Culinary Arts chocolate treat.
$29.95 Basic Package: Includes a participation medal, Delaware Tech magnet, and Delaware Tech Culinary Arts chocolate treat.
$19.99 Chocolate 5K Tech Shirt: Need an extra tech shirt to show your DTCC pride? This year, we have included the option to purchase our custom event tech shirt designed by a Delaware Tech Visual Communication student. All tee-shirts include our 5K event sponsors on the back. (Does not include ability to post your 5k time or post your photo)
$5.95 Flat Rate Shipping – If you cannot make it to packet pick-up in March, you may pay the flat rate shipping fee and we will mail your order right to your home!
How It Works
- Register - Choose your event: 5K Run/Walk (3.1 miles)
- Race - Walk/Run ANY day during the month of February, 2021. Use a fitness watch or smartphone app to track your distance and time, and take a picture of your record. See Share Your Results below for instructions on how to submit your race results.
- Share - Share photos on Facebook and Instagram and be sure to use #Chocolate5KDTCC
There are many free apps that you can download and use to record your virtual results. Use one of these apps to track your run or walk. Or use your favorite app or smartwatch. Most importantly, don't forget to save your activity and upload your results!
- Runkeeper (To track with Runkeeper and automatically submit your results, click here to learn how)
- Map My Fitness
Run anywhere, anytime.
- In a park
- Your favorite residential route
- A high school track
- On a treadmill
- Run one of the many trails in our beautiful state parks
Run anywhere you want! Just make sure you record it.
Our Delaware Tech community proudly serves many students in need through our financial resources, campus food pantry, laptop lending program, along with mental health screenings and other resources. Our Emergency Fund primarily focuses on students who are suffering a financial emergency such as a house fire, job loss, health issues, transportation issues, etc. Applications are reviewed by our Dean of Student Affairs and processed based unmet need of the student. Without this fund, many students would stop out for the semester and some would not walk across the stage on graduation day.
1. $3 Emergency Fund Donation – Thank you for participating in our event! When you register for the event, please consider a small donation of $3 to go directly to our Student Emergency Fund, which helps students in need at Delaware Tech by making sure their basic needs are met and assist in emergency situations.
2. Donate Now Button – Individuals who don’t want to participate in the event and/or place an order may donate directly to the Student Emergency Fund.
- Participation Medals are available for the first 300 registrants ONLY.
- Option to buy a custom Chocolate 5K event t-shirt separate from race packages
- Chocolate treat included in race packet prepared by out Delaware Tech Culinary Arts Department
- Easy and convenient drive-through, no-contact packet pick-up the week of March 12 from 4-6 pm. Details will be distributed via email to participants based on contact information provided at registration. Packets will be mailed for a flat rate shipping fee of $5.95.
- Access to Walk/Run on our Delaware Tech campus trail!
- Overall male/female
- Top male/female in 10-year age groups 13 and under to 70 and over
- Top 3 best dressed Valentine outfits
- 2021 Chocolate 5K Valentine Costume Contest
To participate in the 2021 Chocolate 5k Valentine costume contest, you must participate in the Chocolate 5k walk/run, post your photo wearing your costume to social media (Facebook or Instagram) using the hashtag #chocolate5Kdtcc and send an email to email@example.com. The email must include your name, email address, and photo. Participants with the three best Valentine costumes will receive a fun Delaware Tech gift basket and a free registration for the February 2022 Chocolate 5k event.
Share Your Results
1. Find your Race Roster registration receipt email and locate your confirmation number. (The email will be from Race Roster "firstname.lastname@example.org")
2. Click "Submit a virtual result" on the results page.
3. Enter your name and the confirmation number from your receipt in the dialog box that appears. You will be prompted to enter the results of anyone you registered.
4. Enter your results. (If you registered multiple people, you will be able to submit their results now. Or you can come back later to post more results.)
5. Click submit once complete.
6. Print your finisher certificate
Tracking with Runkeeper app (To track with Runkeeper and automatically submit your results, click here to learn how)
Includes a participation medal, custom event tech t-shirt designed by a Delaware Tech Visual Communication student, Delaware Tech magnet, and Delaware Tech Culinary Arts chocolate treat.
Includes a participation medal, Delaware Tech magnet, and Delaware Tech Culinary Arts chocolate treat.
$29.95Dec 16 - Feb 28
$19.95Dec 16 - Feb 28