Come join us at Fletcher Park for our Pop-up 5k in the Park! Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday (June 23rd through August 25th), we'll be setting up a rolling start line (from 6-7:30pm) and 5k course at Fletcher Park for one and all.
Our inaugural series in 2020 was a huge hit, and we're looking to build on that with some exciting new features! This year, every event will have a different theme, and there will be prizes given out for each! Since each night will be totally unique, there won't be any official series scoring. Here's the themed schedule for the summer of 2021:
- Wednesday, June 23rd: The Partner Run - Make sure to choose your running buddy wisely for this race, because we'll be combining your times! Let us know who your partner is when you pick up your race bibs, and we'll add up your times for your team score. You don't have to name a partner to participate, but the two-person team with the best score will win a prize!
- Wednesday, July 14th: The Black Jack Run - You'll get a card at the start of the race, and another when you finish. If your cards add up to 21, you get a prize!
- Wednesday, July 28th: The Luau Run - Button up your favorite Hawaiian shirt and hit the course in style! A prize will be given to our best dressed participant.
- Wednesday, August 11th: The 5k REWIND - This race will be the same as all the others, but you'll run the course in reverse! The scoring for this one is simple: whoever wins the race wins a prize!
- Wednesday, August 25th: The Totally 80's Run - Everyone's got a pair of neon shorts or a Def Leppard shirt somewhere in their closet, so put them on display for the final event of the summer! Much like the Luau, a prize will go to our most rad dude or dudette.
$1.50 from every registration will go to the Fletcher Park Development Fund for enhancing and adding sitting and shaded areas within the park.