Saturday, May 8, 2021
5th Annual Hike for Hospice in Support of
Huron Shores Hospice
Hike from Home!
We are trying something new!
While we are unable to hike from the Davidson Centre as we normally do, Huron Shores Hospice still needs your support. Funds raised from our Hike for Hospice will provide quality end-of-life care in our 2-bed hospice and support our Community Programs. 100% of the funds raised stay in our community!
Join us for our Virtual Hike from Home, Hike for Hospice on Saturday, May 8. Rain or shine! Please register as a virtual hiker or safely rally together a team of friends and family, join our Corporate Challenge, challenge a friend or co-worker all to help raise money for compassionate and dignified end-of-life care in our community. You can hike nearby trails, walk around town, run, bike, canoe whatever you can do safely in your own neighbourhood. You can join in the hike from anywhere in world! Please adhere to all COVID guidelines in your area.
We will do a Facebook Live kickoff at 10:00 a.m. Then we’ll send you off to do your version of the Hike for Hospice and meet us back on Facebook Live at 11:30 for prizes and the announcement of our grand total. You can do the full 5km or whatever distance you want. We just want you to have fun and raise dollars and awareness for our local hospice. Be as creative as you wish – dress up, pick your favourite activity, post videos and comments on our Facebook page and let us know where you will be hiking or where you hiked. We’d love to see your updates as you go along, so we can all walk together, while safely apart. All we ask is that you do your hike safely and following local health unit’s health and safety social distancing practices. You can even print your own hike bib to let everyone know that you are participating in memory of a special loved one.
No registration fee
Virtual Walk Ideas:
Here are a few ideas for your virtual hike. Since we can't hike the Kincardine Trails choose your preferred distance at your chosen location. Perhaps an activity below or, get creative and come up with your own idea! Dress up, wear your PJs, your favourite sport jersey or your favourite Super Hero Costume. Be sure to share your photos, video or stories of your hike with the hashtag #HikeFromHome on our Facebook or Instagram pages.
- Walk 1,312 (1 km), or 3,937 (3 km) or 6,562 (5 km) steps
- Hike 1,312 stairs in your home
- Bike 5 km
- Canoe for an hour
- Jump on your treadmill, stationary bike, cross-trainer or rowing machine and record your distance
- Don't forget to walk your pet! Will it be your dog, cat, or perhaps your rabbit?
Team Challenge Ideas:
Just because you aren't participating together physically doesn't mean you can't still have fun as a group! Challenge your family members, friends and co-workers to do the Virtual Hike with you and register as a team. Set a fundraising goal together, and organize fun challenges to reach your goal. Don't forget to name your team, choose your team theme and most importantly share your memories by photo or video with the hashtag #HikeFromHome
- Challenge other teams to see who can complete their goal first. Post your bragging rights using our hashtag #HikeFromHome
- Host an on-line yoga or exercise (step or workout) class on a chosen date and time. Educate others while working up a sweat for Hospice Palliative Care.
- Don't forget to include your pets. After all, every team needs a mascot!
Note: Don’t forget for videos to be posted on Instagram, they need to be less than 60 seconds in length.
How to Submit Funds:
The easiest way to collect funds is to ask supporters to donate online using your personal or team fundraising page. If you wish to use the paper pledge form and collect cash or cheque pledges, please tally your pledges and include your name, email and phone number on the pledge form. Then you can do one of the following within one week of the event:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a safe drop off or pick up of your pledge form and money.
- Cheques must be made payable to Huron Shores Hospice and mailed along with your pledge form to: Huron Shores Hospice, Box 242, Tiverton, ON N0G 2T0
- Please do not send cash in the mail. You can either write a personal cheque for those cash donations, highlighting on your pledge form the name and address of those it is including so that charitable tax donations can be issued directly to the sponsor. Or, you can contact Cathy Herbert our Hospice Coordinator at email@example.com to make alternate arrangements.
Thank-you for your support,
Hike for Hospice Committee
Picture taken at our 2019 Hike for Hospice by the Kincardine Independent
FreeMar 10 - May 14
|2||Friends of Ken Battler and Family||CA$1,950.00|
Nuclear Powered Design Team
Board of Directors - Huron Shores HospiceRaised:
The Battler Family