Sunday, June 6, 2021
Hope in Motion, presented by Minnesota Oncology, is an annual 5K and Family Walk event that benefits Angel Foundation. We hope you will join us Sunday, June 6, 2021 at Veterans Park in Richfield, Minnesota. The event includes a 5K walk/run, 1-mile family walk, kids dash, and cancer survivor celebration.
We are planning a safe and enjoyable in-person event with guidance from Anderson Race Management. Some of the safety measures in place will be staggered start times, limiting event capacity, social distancing, and requiring face masks. Virtual participation is also welcome. For detailed information on COVID-19 protocols, click here.
Minnesota Oncology hosts this annual event to celebrate National Cancer Survivors Day, honoring our community's cancer survivors and their loved ones. At Hope in Motion, we raise funds for Angel Foundation while celebrating our cancer survivors – they are our STaRS (Survivors, Thriving and Radiating Strength)! We also take time to honor loved ones lost to cancer throughout the years.
If you are a cancer survivor, you can join our celebration for free! Just enter the promo code STARS to receive your complimentary registration.
All proceeds from Hope in Motion benefit Angel Foundation. Angel Foundation is a local non-profit organization that helps Minnesota adults with cancer and their families. Specifically, Angel Foundation provides emergency financial assistance as well as education and support so that those struck by cancer can live life well with stability, strength and resilience.
Due to safety regulations and COVID-19 protocols, registration will only be allowed online. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION IN PERSON AT THE EVENT. Registration closes at 11:59 pm on Friday, June 4th. Anyone not registered at that time will not be allowed to participate.
Event day details and schedule will be coming soon.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND FACE MASK PROTOCOL
Social distancing of at least six feet will be implemented and maintained between participants and volunteers at the venue, aid stations, and during packet pick-up through the following controls:
- All areas where crowds may congregate or cues form, will have markings at a minimum of 6’ apart that participants will be required to stand on while waiting.
- We will be starting groups in pods (corrals) of 50 people approximately 1 minute apart to allow for social distancing and limit the number of people in the event space (TBD for CDC guidelines on the date of the event)
- Announcer instructions instructing participants to maintain social distancing and other guidelines.
- Participants will be instructed to arrive not more than 20 minutes before their wave start, to proceed directly to their corral and to stage themselves on their marking in the starting corral area without milling about. Participants whose wave is more than 10 minutes away will be discouraged from being physically present in the starting area
- Ample hand-sanitizer stations will be placed around the event site with extra focus on areas where there will be interaction between participants and volunteers.
- Runners will be encouraged to bring their own on course water but will be given one bottle of water post-race.
- Water will be available at aid stations/finish area and placed on tables for participants instead of receiving from volunteers.
- Runners will be encouraged to discard bottles in receptacles. Volunteers will collect any discarded bottles while wearing the appropriate PPE at the end of the event.
- All post-race food and aid station fluids will be bagged and provided to the runner as soon as they cross the finish line, encouraging a rapid exit of the venue.
- “Face Coverings Required in this Area” signage and announcer instructions will be placed through the venue.
- All participants will be instructed that they are to wear face coverings at all times while on the event site, other than while they are running, eating, or drinking. Extra face coverings will be made available by the event organizers for any participants who have forgotten or lost theirs.
- Participants, workers, and volunteers will be instructed to take any concerns to the Race Director or their designee who will address them as needed and possible.
Registration fees 370 spots remaining
Up to 2 adults and 3 youth; all live at same address. Includes event T-shirts. Little Tykes (toddlers/infants in strollers, Burleys, etc.) are always free. Please register them independently as "Little Tykes" and do not include them in your Family registration count.
$100.00Mar 24 - Jun 4
Young children ages 3 and under who are not walking/running/pedaling. Includes event T-shirt.
FreeMar 24 - Jun 4
Heart and Sole
Angels in the Outfield