The Honkin’ 5 is the second race of 2021 brought to by Blue Nose Marathon. The Honkin’ 5 will take place on Sunday, June 27th at Sullivan’s Pond, home of the beloved geese. This race will feature a beautiful 5KM route around Sullivan’s Pond and Lake Banook. Because we love Dartmouth and these geese so much, you geesed it, the medal will feature these beautiful birds.
There will be 5 races (waves) in total. Each wave is capped at 150 participants per race. The first wave will start at 7:00AM and the last wave at noon.
Space is limited so sign up early, you don’t want to miss this race. It’s going to be a honkin’ good time!
- Chip-timed race
- Finisher medal designed by Geordan Moore of The Quarrelsome Yeti
- Honkin’ 5 limited edition print designed by Geordan Moore of The Quarrelsome Yeti
- A Honkin’ good time!
The following COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place:
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Masks will be required at the start and finish line.
- Physical distancing of 2m/6ft must be maintained at the start/finish line and on course. There will be markers there to assist with this.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at high touch areas (portable washrooms, medal collection, etc.)
- Stations will be self-serve with volunteers on-hand to replenish supplies only.
Additional safety protocols in place:
- strollers, baby joggers, baby backpacks/carriers and pets are not permitted on the course.
IMPORTANT: Official course closure times for each wave will be 1 hour after the start. If your finish time is over 1 hour you will not receive an official time and may not have access to the finish line, as preparations for the next wave will be underway. If you anticipate a finish time over 1 hour you can participate in the 12:00PM wave.
This option is for participants who would like to complete a Virtual 5KM and are able to pick up their race kit. Please see Kit Pick Up times listed in the event schedule at the bottom of the main registration page.
This option is for participants who would like to complete a Virtual 5KM but are unable to pick up their race kit. This price includes shipping costs. Please ensure you include your full mailing address during registration.
- June 23 12:00 PM ADT - Kit Pick Up- Aerobics First (12:00PM-6:00PM)
- June 24 12:00 PM ADT - Kit Pick Up- Aerobics First (12:00PM-7:00PM)
- June 25 12:00 PM ADT - Kit Pick Up- Aerobics First (12:00PM-7:00PM)
- June 27 7:00 AM ADT - The Honkin' 5- Start #1
- June 27 8:15 AM ADT - The Honkin' 5- Start #2
- June 27 9:30 AM ADT - The Honkin' 5- Start #3
- June 27 10:45 AM ADT - The Honkin' 5- Start #4
- June 27 12:00 PM ADT - The Honkin' 5- Start #5
- Event contact
- Event Organizer