Well, COVID is still being a jerk...so that means we need to keep the virtual creativity rolling! Whether you want to run fast, long, or just ease back into your mileage, this event has an option for you. Choose one or choose all of them! These are all free, members only.
(1) H+P Flying 5K
- This event will have online awards OA and by AG and will be rankings eligible
- Can't make it for this one? Choose a course that has 0m elevation gain
- Must be completed anytime from July 1st- 5th
- When you're done, to be included in the official results you MUST enter your time HERE.
- Just social media props and official results!
- Anyone who PB's their 5k time gets H+P Sunglasses (self-reported - let Sean or Gill know!)
(2) H+P FiveBy5K
-This is a "Stage Race" of sorts: Five very different 5Ks. The cumulative time is how the finish order will be determined. There will be no individual results for each 5K!
- After each Stage, submit your results using this spreadsheet using your segment time.
- Must be completed between July 1st and July 11th.
- Order is your choice- there are no results for each individual stage (other than the Flying 5K above)
- Top woman and man get a new H+P singlet.
- Top masters, 50+ and 60+ get H+P Sunglasses.
- This race will also include awards on social media and HPWR multisport
** Study these segments before attempting. Start well before and stop well after the end point.
- 5K #1: The H+P Flying 5K (run into oncoming traffic. Use caution when crossing the road!)
- 5K #2: The H+P SVEC 5K (carefully note the start and finish points here in relation to the roundabout)
- 5K #3: The H+P COVID #10 5K (uphill, OUCH)
- 5K #4: The H+P COVID #5 5K (watch that direction + start and finish points!)
- 5K #5: The Finale (Anybody who has ever run ENDURrun will recognize this speedy stretch- run into oncoming traffic)
Top male and female get a new H+P singlet!
(3) The H+P 5x5x5 Challenge
- This is a NON-TIMED completion challenge: Run 5K, 5 times in a week, for 5 weeks in a row starting the week of Monday June 28th (weeks go Monday-Sunday), ending the week of July 26th.
- When you're done, send us an e-mail (email@example.com) with your favourite picture of you running and a link to your runs (Strava profile etc.)
- It does not matter how fast or slow you go- this is meant as a way to get back to fitness and to safely build consistency- walking is totally fine!
- Anybody who completes this will be eligible for a draw prize for multiple New Balance Canada prize packs (details TBA).
- Social media props/ virtual award