Carrier Park is a beautiful park in the heart of West Asheville. The 5k route is FLAT and EASY, on a mostly paved greenway. Since our finish line experience will have limited activity and gathering availability we will put all the FUN, GLOW and excitement on the course!
Keep in mind on August 6th, dusk is just before 9:00 PM. Participants that are starting/finishing around this time should be prepared to bring their own flashlight and/or headlamp to participate. Since we are at the park and there are limited street lamps, it will be dark! Neon tees, light up items, glow in the dark accessories, light up vests and other glow swag are all encouraged! BRING IT ON! All in person, registered participants can get glow sticks, bracelets or necklaces at packet pickup!
We will have one water station along the course.
Participants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the course map before the run.
- Surfaces include wooded trails with hard packed dirt, paved greenway, and dirt paths.
- The park is open to the public during the event. Please stay to the right and call out when passing other runners/walkers.
- The course will be marked with PINK flagging, PINK arrow stickers (on the paved parts of the greenway) and yard signs. We will have volunteers at some of the key intersections.
- Parking is available in several locations and lots at Carrier Park.
- Participants will be encouraged to return to their vehicles and leave the event as soon as they are finished running.
- The park is open to the public during the event, so there will be other folks using the parking lots.
>>> PLEASE NOTE: The course cutoff time is 8:30 PM <<<
Please note: We will have photographers on the course, but we cannot guarantee photos of each participant.