Join the Spina Bifida Association of Greater New England for the annual Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida! This virtual event will take place throughout the month of July, but you can start fundraising as soon as you complete your registration! Sign up as a team leader and raise funds for SBAGNE programming in your own neighborhood, family, or friend circle.
We invite you to fully participate in this year's virtual Walk-N-Roll by wearing teal and walking with your family and friends in your neighborhood, local park, community track, or other location. Share photos of your walk on our Facebook Event Page. You can even use our Spotify playlist to keep the good vibes flowing!
Throughout the month of July, we will host a variety of programs and activities that will not only help you fundraise, but also offer the community education and support that our in-person Walk-N-Roll typically brings. We'll host virtual roundtable discussions, offer weekly raffles, kids crafts and games, fundraising prompts, and more!
This year, you can receive 2021 Walk-N-Roll t-shirts for you and your team members by raising a minimum of $200 (up to 10 t-shirts) OR you can elect to order a 2021 Walk-N-Roll t-shirt customized with your team's design on the back through our apparel partner, Will Enterprises for an additional cost. Make your selection when you register on Race Roster.
Walk-N-Roll is a family-friendly, non-competitive, one-mile walk event and educational resource fair that raises awareness and celebrates the accomplishments of the more than 180,000 Americans living with spina bifida. Proceeds are used to support local community programs and services for all affected by spina bifida. The name "Walk-N-Roll" was selected because it embodies a sense of inclusiveness and invokes the sense of empowerment which the spina bifida community embraces in all that it does.
To build a better and brighter future for all those affected by spina bifida.
WHY SUPPORT SBAGNE?
- We are the only voluntary health organization in the New England area solely serving individuals living with spina bifida and their families.
- We connect members with and disability resources in their community.
- We offer social and community events that connects children and adults living with spina bifida and their loved ones in a way that values lasting connections and creates an environment of community and support.
- We hold the New England Spina Bifida Conference for SBAGNE members, medical professionals, and other service providers to bring information and resources directly to the community.
- We adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic by creating online support groups, webinars, holiday in a box parties and other virtual programs. These changes have increased participation in several programs and events.
Work Your Teal Week: July 4 - 10 Work Your Teal by wearing the color of spina bifida awareness and walking your neighborhood. Bring family and friends! Fundraising is about more than money. Every time you ask for a donation, you are opening the door to a conversation about awareness, education, and inclusion!
FreeMay 3 - Oct 31
Fundraise for SBAGNE programs by seeking donations from family and friends and recruit your community to join your team! Fundraising will be open from May-July. Then bring your team together to walk and roll for spina bifida awareness at home, in your neighborhood, local park, track, walking trail, or any other place that gets you in the spirit! Use our Spotify playlist, participate in raffles, attend our upcoming resource webinars, and participate in our online activities here and on our New England Walk-N-Roll Facebook Event Page to get the full virtual Walk-N-Roll experience!
FreeMay 3 - Oct 31