4th Annual Hope Springs Freedom
July 3 - July 17, 2021
This year has been very difficult for many people in our community, but especially true for those who have experienced violence in their homes. Domestic violence homicides are up 113% since the beginning of March 2020. Join us for our 4th Annual Hope Springs Freedom Run/Walk. We are offering a virtual race this year to assure public safety as we move out of this global pandemic. Hope Springs is relying on these funds now more than ever to meet the emerging needs of survivors. With the money raised from this event, we will be able to provide survivors with assistance with safe shelter, rent, utility assistance, food, and the stable basics they need to feel safe.
All proceeds from this event help Hope Springs Safe House provide freedom from Domestic Violence
5K Registration Closed
Because proceeds are contributed to non-profit organization/charity, all entry fees are non-refundable
$30.00Jun 1 - Jul 17
How to participate in our Virtual Event
Below are details on running our virtual race!
- Run anytime between July 3 and July 17, 2021.
- Choose your own course
- Most importantly….have fun and enjoy the time outside!
- Race Shirts/Packets will be shipped to you prior to the event if registered by June 25, 2021 (Must be registered by 6/23/21 to be guaranteed shirt/size.
Follow these easy steps to prepare for your tracking:
1. Download the ASICS Runkeeper™ app to your phone and create an account or scroll down to log into an existing account
Once you have completed your distance in the app, save your workout and it will automatically post to Race Roster results.
(This step must be followed from your mobile device)
VIEWING AND POSTING MANUAL RESULTS
If you plan to record using another software or tracking device or post manually from what is recorded on your watch, simply head here and "Submit Virtual Result" between July 3 and July 17, 2021 .
- To record with tracking on the ASICS Runkeeper™ app, you will need to run or walk with your phone or with a connected wearable (see instructions below)
- You do not have to track with these technologies, it is optional!
- More detailed end-to-end instructions (with images) for using the ASICS Runkeeper™ app to track your virtual event are linked here
- Instructions to link a recent activity recorded on a FitBit, Garmin, or Apple Watch linked here
- Steps to connect your FitBit, Garmin, or Apple Watch to the Runkeeper™ app are linked here
- Steps to manually post your results on Race Roster (not using the app) are linked here
If you have any technical questions, please reply to this email and the Race Roster team will support you. Take pictures out there! Get creative with your finish line - share your images and stories with us in the Facebook group and tag us on social!
We look forward to seeing your name on the results board!
- July 1 12:00 AM EDT - Hope Springs Virtual 5K Begins
- July 17 11:59 PM EDT - Hope Springs Virtual 5K Ends
- Event contact
- Toni McGowen
- +1 765-585-7423