Peer Power Big River Crossing Race
Half-Marathon + 5K
On November 6, 2021, the Peer Power Foundation will present the 5th Annual Peer Power Big River Crossing Race. Sign up for the Half-Marathon or 5K and make the interstate trek across the Mississippi River’s longest public pedestrian bridge.
All the Benefits
Your entry fee is more than a fee — it is a contribution to Peer Power Foundation’s largest fundraiser of the year. The Peer Power Foundation is a first-of-its-kind partnership with the University of Memphis and Shelby County Schools to recruit, train and employ high-performing college scholars to tutor and mentor public high school students within the classroom. And it works well. In addition, you gain these great benefits:
- Medals for half-marathon participants
- Incredible views of Downtown Memphis and the Arkansas flood plains
- Dry tech, long sleeve race shirt for half-marathon runners
- Short sleeve cotton t-shirt for 5K runners
- A newly, fully paved half-marathon course on the Arkansas side of the race
Peer Power Foundation
These races fund Peer Power’s mission to empower and inspire scholars through their innovative student-to-student tutoring program.
Peer Power's transformative work provides tutoring and mentoring assistance directly in the classroom that improves high school attendance and graduation rates, setting the stage for success and providing opportunities to excel. Additionally Peer Power’s ACT Prep University improves ACT scores by an average of 3.2 points, which then elevates college scholarship opportunities for local Shelby County Schools students. Each year, this improvement helps students collectively earn close to $1,000,000 in Tennessee HOPE scholarships.
Peer Power hires Success Coaches – or high performing University of Memphis students – as tutors and mentors, who receive college credit, gain real world experience and are paid for their work. Our Success Coaches have an 84% college graduation rate and 1 in 7 go on to become educators after they graduate. So while Peer Power is positively impacting the lives of high school students in five Shelby County Schools so far, we’re also building the pool of future educators for Memphis.
PEER POWER FAST FACTS:
- Surpassed 1,320,000 hours of tutoring and mentoring since founding
- Serves over 10,000 students at ten high schools
- Expanding by two high schools each year
- 84% of Success Coaches completed graduation requirements at the University of Memphis, a higher rate than the U of M honors college
- 64 Success Coaches have begun careers in education as teachers, guidance counselors, or administrators
- Second-largest employer of University of Memphis students, only behind the University itself
- ACT Prep University students see an average increase of 3.1 points on the ACT
- ACT Prep University students qualified for more than $5 million in TN Hope scholarships each year
|2||Uncle Daves Auto Repair||$1,065.85|
Team Charlie + Peer Power
|1||View fundraiser page for Malcom||
|View page for Malcom|
|2||View fundraiser page for Marygrace||
|View page for Marygrace|
|3||View fundraiser page for Sarah||
|View page for Sarah|
- Event contact
- Start 2 Finish Event Management