Join us for the 13th Annual Be Ovary Aware 5k Run 3K Walk. Raise awareness for ovarian cancer and raise funds to support Colorado women with 7 different types of gynecologic cancers: Ovarian, fallopian tube, uterine/endometrial, cervical, vaginal, vulvar and peritoneal cancers. This event benefits the Sue Gift - Gynecologic Cancer Support. We believe every woman deserves her best chance at survival regardless of her economic or social situation. The Sue's Gift Financial Assistance program helps people who are facing a gynecologic cancer diagnose pay their bills as they go through treatment. The Woman to Woman program, started with a grant from Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance, trains and empowers survivors, one-year post treatment, to mentor a person newly diagnosed with the same cancer type. Studies have shown that people diagnosed with cancer have better survival rates and lower rates of PTSD if they have emotional, social, and financial support during their cancer journey. Your support and generosity will provide vital services for people diagnosed with gynecologic cancer in Colorado.
The Be Ovary Aware race course is a beautiful, flat course overlooking Fountain Creek. The out and back course, along the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail, begins and ends in America the Beautiful Park in Downtown Colorado Springs. Adults $35.00 Pre-Registration $40.00 Day of Event. Youth 16 and under $25 Pre-Registration $30 Day of Event. Youth may participate for free but will not receive paid participant benefits.
All paid participants will receive an event shirt and a door prize ticket.
* Your safe participation is of the utmost importance to us. We are monitoring the current situation and we may make changes to this event to coincide with any new CDC guidelines or Colorado state guidelines in regards to COVID.
Can't make it to the event? You can do Be Ovary Aware Anywhere with our virtual event option! Price includes delivery of your race packet to your doorstep or mailbox!
$42.00Jun 7 - Sep 16
|3||Julie Neubert and Friends||$533.35|
- September 19 7:00 AM MDT - Packet Pick Up Begins
- September 19 7:45 AM MDT - Yoga - Pre-run stretch
- September 19 8:20 AM MDT - Opening Remarks
- September 19 8:30 AM MDT - 5K Run Starts
- September 19 8:35 AM MDT - 3K Walk Starts
- September 19 9:10 AM MDT - 5K Winners Annouced
- September 19 9:25 AM MDT - Check presentation with Fallen Heroes Tattoo
- September 19 9:45 AM MDT - Survivors' Picture
- September 19 10:15 AM MDT - Survivors' Drawings
- September 19 10:30 AM MDT - Memorial Dove Release