Canines 4 Comfort Presents:
Strut Your Mutt
5K Run & 2K Family Walk
September 18, 2021
9:00 AM Start
Providing hope and comfort for veterans, children, and community through companionship with Psychiatric Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals
Canines 4 Comfort is a 501(c)3 organization established to satisfy the growing need for Psychiatric Service Dogs and Emotional Support Dogs among veterans, children, and others in our communities with emotional disabilities.
- We train psychiatric service dogs for veterans, children and others in our community.
- We train facility dogs for first responder teams and local schools that meet criteria.
- We provide resources, training, education, care, and support to our recipients and the communities we serve.
- We offer a professional program for our trained canines to visit and provide dog therapy.
Proceeds from this event support the acquisition, training and subsidy for Canines 4 Comfort service dogs in training. Over the next 12 months our goal is to match and place at least ten dogs with a recipient, and our waitlist is growing!
The average cost for a psychiatric service dog runs between $15,000 to $25,000. This price reflects the time, effort, resources, and amount of work that goes into raising and training an assistance dog that is trained specifically and “custom tailored” to meet the needs of each recipient, their condition, and lifestyle.
Countdown to event
- September 18 8:00 AM CDT - On Site Check in & Registration
- September 18 9:00 AM CDT - 5K Race Start (First Group)
- September 18 9:10 AM CDT - 5K Race Start (Second Group - Race Day registrants)
- September 18 10:00 AM CDT - 2K Walk Start (First Group)
- September 18 10:10 AM CDT - 2K Walk Start (Second Group - Race day registrants)