Come join us at the Thrilling Third IVS Trick or Trot Fun Run/Walk
(Click on the cauldron to see what bubbled out on previous races!)
What could be better than running through a cemetery on Halloween night?? Trunk or Treating while running through a cemetery on Halloween night!!
The run/walk will start near the base of the Michael Sonnemaker statue and then wind past the mausoleums and monuments in Springdale.
(Don't be afraid - all the spooks and goblins are trick-or-treating elsewhere.) Along the way there will be trunk or treat stations to fill your goodie bag!
There will also be a Virtual Ghosting Trot - for those who prefer to haunt in their own graveyards.
New this year: Toddler Trot - so even the youngest ghouls and boos can get their spooky sprint on Halloween! Every Toddler Trotter will get a medal and a treat bag!
First 50 Trick or Trot registrants are guaranteed a pair of Ivy the IVS Cat logo reflective gloves.
Runners are encouraged to run in costume and enter the costume contest just before the fun run, in compliance with all current CDC social distancing guidelines.
Best Male Costume, Best Female Costume, Best Couple Costume, Best Group Costume and Best Under 18 Costume!
Best Overall Male and Female:
Under 18, 18-49 and 50 and over
A photo booth will be available for an enduring image of your fun! There will be a disinfectant station available - please wipe down the photo booth before and after each use. A volunteer will also be stationed at the photo booth for assistance.
All participants will receive a treat bag and memento of their run.
Participants are required to bring a headlamp/flashlight. Reflective gear is encouraged.
Packet pick-up will be available on Friday, October 29th, from 5:00-6:00 pm in the Woodruff parking lot.
Packet pick-up is available race day, between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm adjacent to the Michael Sonnemaker Memorial Sculpture and Garden in lower Glen Oak Park (near the intersection of Abington and Perry Streets).
Note: due to COVID-19 social distancing restrictions - registration will be allowed on race day but will still have to be done online.
|October 29th 5:00-6:00 PM CDT||- Packet Pickup in Woodruff Parking lot|
|October 31st 3:45-4:45 PM CDT||- Race Day Registration/Check In|
|October 31st 5:00-5:15 PM CDT||- Toddler Trot|
|October 31st 5:15-5:25 PM CDT||-Costume Contest|
|October 31st 5:30 PM CDT||- Race Start|
TLC Fosters will have onsite information on their outreach program:
In a world where too many dogs and cats are displaced from their homes, or never have one of their own, we wanted to make a difference. We strongly believe fostering, rather than shelter life, is the key to that difference.
We are fortunate to be able to say that every one of the pets in our care are individually evaluated and cared for. The fur-babies are then settled into an experienced and loving foster home, ensuring they have the best possible chance at finding their forever home. This also allows us to see their personality and match them with the purfect furever home.
Our goal is to provide a quality of life that emphasizes love, health, confidence and happiness to every pet who comes into our program, with the ultimate goal being a second chance at a forever home.
Fostering for a Better Future!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, please read completely.
Our intent is to host the 2021 IVS Trick or Trot 5k. The race will be conducted within the framework of all health and social distance guidelines. As a participant, it is your responsibility to understand the rules of participation and follow them to help ensure more races in our area can be successfully run. The information presented is likely to be refined as race day approaches. A final set of instructions will be emailed to all participants on race week.
Goal: To give runners a competitive racing experience in compliance with all current CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all current CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
• Participants must register online - No paper registration will be offered. Advance registration is strongly encouraged. Very limited registration at pick-up or on race day will be available. We are doing this race with a minimum of staff and overhead to give the best possible race at the lowest price.
• Pickup of your race bib and swag prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Available in the old Woodruff High School parking lot on Friday from 5:00PM - 6:00PM.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will automatically start.
• Aid Stations: self service water stations will be available. Consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the 5K run. Products are available that make the carrying of water while running extremely manageable. Note: we will still have Trick or Trot goodie stations but they may be self-serve.
• It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony. Awards will be presented as results make it possible.
• Results will not be posted on site
• Results will be updated throughout the evening on the IVS Facebook page. Final results will be emailed to all participants.
Events cancellation policy:
- Event staff reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect the participants, the volunteers, the spectators or the host community or as a result of unforeseen course/venue conflicts. Cancellations out of the direct control of the event will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the event will not result in the refunding of fees or future event credits. However, should the event be forced to cancel due to COVID-19, refunds will be provided upon request.
- Safety is our number one priority. If weather threatens our ability to safely run the event we will postpone if possible or cancel. We will not run in lightning. If there are weather delays or cancellations up to date information will be posted on the IVS Facebook page.
$25.00Now registering Jun 16 – Oct 17
$30.00Oct 17 – Oct 31
$18.00Now registering Jun 16 – Oct 17
$23.00Oct 17 – Oct 31
Get your boos and ghouls a frightfully fun run! Every finisher of the Toddler Trot will get a medal and a bag of treats!
$5.00Now registering Jun 16 – Oct 16
$8.00Oct 17 – Oct 31
Haunt your own graveyard for your 5k! Miles are on the honor system.
$25.00Now registering Jun 16 – Oct 16
$30.00Oct 17 – Oct 31