Remember when events were basic?
Running events haven’t always included oodles of swag such as shirts, medals, masks, and stickers. Before chip timing technology, they used a popsicle stick method which, for those who are unfamiliar, was a manual form of timing runners whereby each finisher was handed a popsicle stick as they finished. The numbered popsicle stick indicated the finishing place and finishing times were recorded manually. Each stick had to then be matched up with the corresponding finishing time for that placement. Race Directors had it rough!
Getting back to the basics of running for fitness, sprinkled with a little swag. As an homage to more simple times, and a flashback to our roots, the team at Blue Nose Marathon brings you “The Popsicle Run”.
- Chip-timed race
- Finisher medal and shirt designed by Tara Andrews
- A chillin’ good time!
The following COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place:
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Masks will be required at the start and finish line.
- Physical distancing of 2m/6ft must be maintained at the start/finish line and on course. There will be markers there to assist with this.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at high touch areas (portable washrooms, medal collection, etc.)
- Stations will be self-serve with volunteers on-hand to replenish supplies only.
Additional safety protocols in place:
- strollers, baby joggers, baby backpacks/carriers and pets are not permitted on the course.
IMPORTANT: Official course closure times for each wave will be 1 hour after the start. If your finish time is over 1 hour you will not receive an official time and may not have access to the finish line, as preparations for the next wave will be underway. If you anticipate a finish time over 1 hour you can participate in the 10:00AM wave.
This option is for participants who would like to complete a Virtual 5KM and are able to pick up their race kit. Kit Pick Up dates and times TBD.
This option is for participants who would like to complete a Virtual 5KM but are unable to pick up their race kit. This price includes shipping costs. Please ensure you include your full mailing address during registration.
- August 19 12:00 PM ADT - Kit Pick Up - Aerobics First, 6166 Quinpool Road, Halifax (12:00PM-6:00PM)
- August 20 12:00 PM ADT - Kit Pick Up - Aerobics First, 6166 Quinpool Road, Halifax (12:00PM-6:00PM)
- August 21 12:00 PM ADT - Kit Pick Up - Blue Nose Marathon Office, 192 Wyse Rd, Suite 4, Dartmouth (12:00PM-3:00PM)
- August 22 7:30 AM ADT - The Popsicle Run- Start #1
- August 22 8:45 AM ADT - The Popsicle Run- Start #2
- August 22 10:00 AM ADT - The Popsicle Run- Start #3
- Event contact
- Event Organizer