Seize the Day Your Way!
Windsor's 5th Annual Seize the Day Event Takes on Epilepsy Virtually!
Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario (ESWO) Windsor will host its 5th Annual Seize the Day 5k Run / 2.5k Walk virtually this year. Walk/Run in your community from Friday, September 24, 2021 to Sunday, September 26, 2021 and join us for our Opening and Closing Ceremonies to celebrate.
Even though we have chosen to host the event virtually, the goal is the same… to raise funds to provide support and educational services for people living with epilepsy, their families and their communities throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Whether you are participating to honour someone you sadly lost to a seizure, supporting those affected by epilepsy, or want to help raise awareness, we invite you to join us for this special occasion. If you are a marathon runner, a leisurely jogger or a causal walker… everyone is welcome to participate! We hope you can join us and help make this annual event even bigger this year to show people living with epilepsy that they are not alone!
Need motivation to get started?
- Fundraise $150 or more by August 30, 2021 and receive a free event t-shirt;
- All registrants will receive a virtual run bag following the event;
- Raise $500 in pledges and get entered into a draw to win a $50 gift card;
- Prizes available for top fundraisers and best team uniform;
- Visit our “I’m Walking for Wall” and share a picture and your reason for participating.
Visit our Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/epilepsyswo/
Countdown to event
- August 30 12:00 a.m. EDT - T-Shirt Deadline - Get your orders in
- September 23 12:00 a.m. EDT - Prize Deadline- Hand in your pledges
- September 24 6:00 p.m. EDT - Opening Ceremony - Join us live virtually
- September 26 4:00 p.m. EDT - Closing Ceremony - Celebrate with us