On this National Day for Reconciliation N'Amerind (London) Friendship Centre will be hosting an in-person 5K fundraiser open to anyone who wants to run or walk.
All proceeds will go towards N'Amerind, a non-profit, charitable organization Indigenous organization that has been providing services and supports for the London and surrounding Indigenous Communities since 1965 (incorporated in 1967). All funds will be used for the continued efforts with the revitalization of language, culture and history from the impacts of colonization including Residential Schools.
The 5K will start in Springbank Park at the pavilion (picnic site F) and will be an out and back route utilizing the pathways.
All participants must follow the following COVID-19 rules and guidelines for this event:
- Masks must be worn when not walking/running and when social distancing is not possible.
- The event will be limited to 100 participants and participants will be assigned a start time. There will be four corrals based on estimated finish times.
- To limit the number of people in one area only those in the starting corral will be allowed in the start/finish area. You will be asked to stay clear of the area until you begin your race.
- Masks must be worn at the start of the race and can be disposed of in a designated area.
- Signage will be posted in areas where masks are required and we ask everyone to maintain social distancing throughout.
- Race kits will be made available September 29, 2021, from 1:00pm-6:00pm at N’Amerind (London) Friendship Centre (260 Colborne St.) If required, you can pick up your race kit prior to starting your race but we ask that you do pick up at N’Amerind.
- When picking up your race kits; follow all signs including entrance and exit doors, wear a mask, maintain social distancing and use hand sanitizer available.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at touch points at the event.
- Water will be available on course in the form of sealed bottles. Runners will have to take the bottle from the table as volunteers cannot pass them to you. We will clean up and recycle the empties.
- Spectators are welcome along the course but we ask them not to gather around the start finish area.
- Please follow the directions on posted signs regarding distancing and mask mandatory areas.
*IMPORTANT* You will receive an email the morning prior to the event with a link to a COVID screen. All runners, staff and volunteers MUST complete before they are able to attend the event.
CA$25.00Sep 7 - Sep 28
- Event contact
- Joel Kennedy