Given the popularity of the 2021 IRA Virtual Road Run Series, and the possibility that some in-person events may again be canceled this year due to COVID-19, the race organizers and the IRA have decided to do the Virtual Series again this year. There will be no performance-based prizes awarded for the virtual series, but there will again be draw prizes and “Virtual” Iron Legs recognition.
In the event that any of these races are held in-person and you participate, those results won't automatically apply to this virtual series, but you can enter your in-person race result in the associated race of this series.
Here's how it works:
1. Use this page to register for the series. The price of $15 is for the entire series and you can run as many or as few races as you like (but if you run less than 5, you will not be eligible for any prizes).
2. There are 8 runs in the series. Run each event in the order and week as they are scheduled below. We encourage runners to run the same distance as the actual race and to find similar terrain to the actual race course. If you complete 5 of the 8 events, you will be eligible for series draw prizes. If you complete all 8 events, you will receive a Virtual IRA 2022 Road Iron Legs recognition certificate and be entered into a Bonus draw prize. You do not have to travel and run on the actual race course. The course you choose is up to you as long as you complete the required distance for each run.
3. Each race must be run and the results uploaded within the time frame indicated next to each race.
4. After you have run each road race distance, enter your results by logging into RaceRoster.com or by using your name and registration number. Select the event and enter your time. For proof of completion, we ask that you upload a file/photo showing date and distance when you enter your result for each run. A distance tracking app, such as Strava, Garmin or Runkeeper, can provide the necessary data to submit, but is not necessary. If you need assistance, please contact Danny Kermode, IRA Director of Timing, at dannykermodeIRA@gmail.com
The runs in the series are:
- The Starting Block 10K (Lavington), February 12-20
Run 10 km on an out and back mainly flat route with one small hill and some farmland.
- Spring Runoff 10K (Kamloops), March 12-20
Run 10 km on a paved looped course that goes near a golf course.
- Oliver 10K, April 9-17
Run 10 km on a flat pathway or trail near/over running water.
- Blossom 10 Miler (Penticton), May 7-15
Run 10 miles (16.1 km) on pathway or trail, near vineyards, orchards and/or lake views with some rolling hills with net downhill.
- Blackwell Dairy 15K, May 28-June 5 (Kamloops)
Run 15 km on paved and/or gravel country roads with some hills and finishing with an uphill.
- Conquer the Lake Half Marathon (Lake Country), June 11-19
Run a half marathon (21.1 km) on mainly flat paved or gravel pathway near a lake.
- Midsummer 8K (Kelowna), July 9-17
Run 8 km on a flat paved out and back route with start/finish in a park.
- Fast Days of Summer 5K (Kelowna), September 3-11
Run 5 km on a flat, fast out and back route on paved path.
5. There are no age group awards, no overall awards, and no trophies for this series. However, the runner who completes all 8 runs and enters their results by the September 11 deadline will receive a Virtual IRA 2022 Road Iron Legs recognition certificate by email.
6. Runners who complete at least 5 of the 8 Virtual Road Runs will be eligible for draw prizes.
7. BONUS: For runners that complete all 8 of the Virtual runs, not only will you earn the title of “IRON LEGS”, but your name will be entered for the grand draw prize, a $250.00 Gift Certificate redeemable at one of our Road Race Series Sponsors of your choosing.
- Cool Running – Kamloops
- Fresh Air Experience – Kelowna
- New Leaf Physio – Kelowna
- Peach City Runners – Penticton
- Starting Block - Vernon
The draw will be done between September 11 and September 30, 2022. We thank and encourage you to visit our generous sponsors!
8. The names of the winners and their prize will be posted on our IRA website, IRA Facebook, and IRA Instagram.