The Starting Block 10K Race (and 3K fun run)
The Starting Block 10K has been a stalwart of the Kal RATS (Running And Triathlon Sports) Club and the Interior Running Association race series for roughly 35 years.
Time and Date: 10 AM Sunday Feb 13, 2022
Location: Lavington Elementary School - take Hwy 6, 13 km east from Vernon. Turn right on School Road just past the Petro Canada gas station. Parking is along School Road. Please do not park on Lavington Way at race start line.
Route details: 10 km flat or gently rolling. Combination of out-and-back and loop through rural-residential and agricultural countryside, now all 10 km paved.
IMPORTANT: Registration is ONLINE ONLY for both the 10k and the 3k fun run. Registration closes at 6 PM Saturday Feb 12, 2022.
COVID 19 Safety Measures:
Participants must provide vaccination passport and ID at race package pickup
- Volunteers must provide vaccination passport and ID when checking in
- Runners must wear a mask at race package pickup, at start and finish of the race
- Volunteers must wear masks
- There will be no water provided during or after the race.
- Results will be posted online (there will be no gathering for awards at end of the race)
- This will be an outdoor event only – the school gymnasium will not be open. Portable toilets will be provided.
Volunteers: If you are not running the event, we would greatly appreciate your help as a volunteer. Go to SignUpGenius.com for the details and the spots that we are still looking to fill. Thanks so much for your support!
Expect ice and snow.
Sign up today! First 50 to register for the 10K will receive a coveted winter running toque!
The 10K and 3K Routes:The 3km fun run is an all-paved, flat loop with an out-and-back. NOTE: This year, the 3km will be timed, but there will be no placings or awards.
RACE PACKAGE PICK UP: SATURDAY FEB 12 3-5 PM AT THE STARTING BLOCK 3100 29TH AVE, VERNON AND RACE DAY FEB 13 UNTIL 9:50 AM IN THE LAVINGTON ELEMENTARTY SCHOOL PARKING LOT
Visit the Kal Rats Running & Triathlon Club website for more information on our other events.