Race Date: Saturday, October 22nd, 2022 (Auburn Riverside Retreat)
Registration Opens: Sunday May 1st, 2022 (Midnight).
The Bad Thing trail race is the ONLY point to point trail race in Ontario. It takes place in Huron County, Ontario along the stunning Maitland Trail. The race ends at the Auburn hall (heated building, yay!).
The 50K option starts in Goderich and ends in Auburn. The 25K portion starts roughly at the half way point of the 50K race course (see route details below).
The race consists mainly of single track, highly technical trail with a small amount of road and groomed trail along the way. Participants should be prepared for very technical, potentially muddy, tough terrain. This race is not for inexperienced trail runners.
Because this a point-to-point race, runners will be transported from the meeting point in Auburn (the Auburn Memorial Hall), via bus to the starting point in Goderich. Please meet at the Auburn Memorial Hall no later than 6:00am to check-in. The bus will leave Auburn at 6:15am sharp for the 50K option and 8:30am sharp for the 25K option.
The bus ride is mandatory for all participants, as race brief, and rules will be gone over on the ride. No one will be permitted to race unless they meet in Auburn to check in first, and ride the bus to the start.
**Minimum age for participants is 18 years old.
Food, Swag and Goodies:
All participants receive:
- Barbeque Chicken, Pulled Pork, Vegan Option
- Culbert's Creampuff (replenish about 1500 calories)
- A Kick ass shirt
- Lots of swag bag goodies
- Other fruit, food stuffs and beverages
All Sales are final. Race Huron will not issue refunds, transfers or deferrals under any circumstances. All of our races benefit charitable organizations in Huron County and race proceeds are used to continually improve the race experience (race course, safety and event improvements).
$125.00May 1 - Sep. 19
$135.00May 1 - Sep. 19
- October 22 6:00 a.m. EDT - 50K Meet at Auburn Riverside Retreat
- October 22 7:00 a.m. EDT - 50K - Race Start
- October 22 8:00 a.m. EDT - 25K Meet at Auburn Riverside Retreat
- October 22 9:00 a.m. EDT - 25K - Race Start
- October 22 12:00 p.m. EDT - Post Race Food & Festivities - Start
- October 22 2:00 p.m. EDT - 25K Cutoff
- October 22 5:00 p.m. EDT - 50K Cutoff