Countdown to event
Join us for the 5K@EASD Virtual Challenge anytime during 17-21 September, 2022! Last year, over 6,000+ people from 130 countries joined us to drive change in diabetes. This year, the 5K@EASD Virtual Challenge will bring together people across the globe and EASD attendees to emphasize the need for increased physical activity to help prevent diabetes and diabetes complications. This disease awareness activity provides participants with the opportunity to raise public awareness about the importance of a healthy lifestyle in preventing and controlling diabetes.
Through Novo Nordisk's continued support, the 5K@EASD Virtual Challenge will be free of charge to all. Novo Nordisk is challenging participants to step up and take the WDF Pledge. 100% of the proceeds from the WDF Pledge will directly benefit the World Diabetes Foundation Somaliland Project 2022. Novo Nordisk will donate on behalf of the first 10,000 registrants and finishers. Please note, runner shirts for the 5K@EASD Virtual Challenge will only be available for purchase on-site in Stockholm, Sweden at the 58th Annual EASD Congress. We encourage everyone to support the World Diabetes Foundation by taking the WDF Pledge.
- What is a virtual 5K? A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, or on the track.
- When? Starting on Saturday, 17 September "running" through Wednesday, 21 September.
- How? Run, walk or roll, then upload your results.
- Cost? Free for all registrants!
- 5K@EASD Mobile App - Download today to get insider access to 5K@EASD community benefits, including the #5KEASD photo booth, training plans and updates from Team Novo Nordisk!
- Share your #5KEASD moment with the community. Take a picture or share a video of your #5KEASD moments on social media. Tag 5K@EASD and we will share your posts and stories! To see last year's photos, see below!
Continue driving change in diabetes by running or walking the 5K@ADA Virtual Challenge!