Imagine you have just finished a days cycling on mint gravel backroads. You are tired but feel at peace as you enjoy a drink with your friends and family at the SteamPacket Hotel and watch the sunset.
You know a big feed is coming up and a sweet car camping setup awaits your weary bones. And the best thing is you get to do it all again tomorrow.
This is Clarkes Gambit
The event name seeks to build on our Bushranger series of events; the Clarke gang led by brothers Thomas and John Clarke, were the nation’s deadliest bushrangers that rustled livestock, ambushed gold shipments and robbed traders from Braidwood to Bega in southern New South Wales in the mid 1860’s.
The event will feature a two day overnight social ride and an elite 2-day Gravel Stage Race (*. Your entry fee of $195 is super good value and gets you:
- 2 days of riding on some of the best champagne gravel roads in Australia
- Your dinner Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning in a quaint country pub
- Professional event pics from ReadyAimMedia
- Entertainment Saturday night hosted by Michael Tomalaris
- On course Feed zone and mechanical support
- Fully insured event with approval from local council and authorities
- Your own limited edition commemorative patch.
Short Course: Approx 50km each day
Standard Course (Wave 1 -4): approx 75km each day
Elite Stage Race: Approx 150km each day (entry on application)
Check out the course options at https://graveleur.cc/clarkes-gambit-course-options/
The overnight version is not a race, but rather a social cycling experience designed to be enjoyed in small groups of cyclists of similar ability. To complete the activity, cyclists need to:
- Understand how to fuel their body for an extended ride and be at a good level of fitness to cover over 100 km a day on remote gravel roads at an average speed of 15-20 kph.
- Be experienced at navigating and following a GPX route
- Have a reasonable level of mechanical know how in case you need to perform running repairs on your bicycle e.g. punctures, ripped tyres, broken chains, non-functioning gears.
The 2-day stage race is for competitive and accomplished riders. The riders have been vetted for their suitability to attempt this format based on their recent cycling history and Strava activity.
Family Discount: Choose the Family entry option for two or more riders living at the same address
Group Discount: 10% for a group of 10 or more riders registered in one transaction. Choose someone for your group to enter the details of each rider from your group, then create a login, confirm your details and accept the waiver. Simple!
(*) 1 day option also available