Thank you for your support!
As of January 1st this event is SOLD OUT
There will be no in person registration available on Friday or Saturday.
Join us for the 9th Annual Buckeye Marathon, Half, 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run.
Known for its downhill and fast course
(marathoners will drop over 530 feet in elevation from the start to finish),
the marathon route starts in the community of Sun City Festival before
making its way around the beautiful White Tank Mountains and ending at the
runway of the Buckeye Municipal Airport.
Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M runners will start and finish at the airport, with views of
the White Tank Mountains on the outgoing section of the out-and-back courses.
This event will be run on a USATF Certified Course and serves as a Boston/National Qualifier.
All events will be chip timed. The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours, requiring a minimum pace time of 13:45/mile.
Proceeds will benefit the City of Buckeye Youth Scholarship Fund, giving kids the opportunity to participate in recreational activities throughout the city.
Marathon ClosedOnline registration closed
$80.00Jun 1 – Nov 1
$95.00Nov 2 – Dec 7
$100.00Dec 8 – Dec 24
$105.00Dec 25 – Jan 1
Half Marathon ClosedOnline registration closed
$50.00Jun 1 – Nov 1
$65.00Nov 2 – Dec 7
$70.00Dec 8 – Dec 24
$75.00Dec 25 – Jan 1
10K ClosedOnline registration closed
$40.00Jun 1 – Nov 1
$50.00Nov 2 – Dec 7
$55.00Dec 8 – Dec 24
$60.00Dec 25 – Jan 1
5K ClosedOnline registration closed
$25.00Jun 1 – Nov 1
$35.00Nov 2 – Dec 7
$40.00Dec 8 – Dec 24
$45.00Dec 25 – Jan 1
1 Mile Fun Run ClosedOnline registration closed
$20.00Jun 1 – Dec 24
$25.00Dec 25 – Jan 1
Thank You to our Sponsors!
Sponsor and Vendor Opportunities
The 9th Annual City of Buckeye Marathon will be here before you know it!! If you have not already committed to something else, we would love to provide you the opportunity to be a sponsor or vendor at the event.
Interested? Please email Tonia Edmundson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For our current vendor application please visit us here.
Mail-in Registration Form
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form! Please make checks payable to StartLine Racing.
Create a Race Team for the Buckeye Marathon!
Creating a team is easy! During registration you will be asked if you wish to join or create a team. Just follow the instructions and you will be on your way!
Prizes will be given out in the following categories:
- Most Supportive - The team that raises the most donations for the Buckeye Youth Scholarship Fund. Instructional email will be sent out upon registering to setup your team fundraising page.
- Largest - Build your team, the bigger the better!
All team entries have a chance to win discounted registrations for 2024 and will be announced after the race.
Any questions on team registration please contact StartLine Racing at email@example.com
What You Get!
Custom Event Medal for all participants in the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M events.
Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt for all participants in the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1M events. New for 2022! Option to upgrade to a long sleeve shirt or select 'No Shirt' and receive $5 off your registration.
Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K distances only. Our age groups are the following:
- 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over
Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
Chip Timed with Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Entry Into Post Race Festival.
Please note any race related items (shirts, medals, etc.) will NOT be mailed to those that do not attend.
Race Day Information
Race Day Check In will be available beginning at 7:00am for the Marathon start in Sun City Festival and 8:00am at Buckeye Municipal Airport for the Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1 Mile participants.
We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day There will be no race day registration available. Event is sold out. Race day pricing will be: Marathon $110, Half Marathon $80, 10K $65, 5K $50,1 Mile Fun Run $30
Marathon Parking and Shuttles
- We ask that all marathon participants park at the starting line location (Sun City Festival Baseball Field - map).
- Shuttles will be available from the finish line area to return you to your vehicle.
- Shuttles will run every 30 minutes starting at Noon with the final shuttle leaving the finish area at 3:00pm.
On Race Day there will be alternate directions to the Buckeye Municipal Airport due to road closures for the race route. Please use the following direction to the event area at the airport: As these races will start and end at the Airport, no bag check will be available.
- From I-10, take AZ 85 Exit 112 to Yuma/Gila Bend (heading south)
- Turn Right onto W. Southern Avenue from AZ 85 (heading west)
- Turn Right onto S. Palo Verde Road from W. Southern Avenue (heading north)
- Turn Left into the Buckeye Municipal Airport - 3000 S. Palo Verde Road.
Strollers are welcome
No pets allowed on this course
The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours and the half marathon course will have a closure time of 5 hours.
On Course Support Information
Packet Pickup Opportunities
Packet Pick-up is available on Friday, January 6th from 3-7pm at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Phoenix West/Buckeye (map)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites is located at 445 S Watson Road, Buckeye, AZ 85326
Race Day Packet Pick-Up will be available beginning at 7:00am for the Marathon start in Sun City Festival and 8:00am at Buckeye Municipal Airport for the Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and 1 Mile participants.
Become a Buckeye Marathon Volunteer
The City of Buckeye is seeking volunteers to help with the 9th Annual Buckeye Marathon. Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas, which include manning water stations and distributing medals.
This is a great way to get involved with the community and cheer on runners from all over. Other benefits of volunteering include meeting new people, receiving volunteer credit hours, and being compensated with a commemorative shirt and lunch.
Volunteer opportunities are open for groups or individuals. All ages welcome. Shifts start between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
For more information, contact Adam Melle at (623) 349-6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Area Hotels
City of BuckeyeRaised:
Gray Family and FriendsRaised:
- January 6 3:00 PM - Packet Pick-up at the Holiday Inn from 3-7pm
- January 7 7:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up Opens in Sun City Festival for the Marathon start
- January 7 8:00 AM - Marathon Begins (at Sun City Festival Baseball Fields)
- January 7 8:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up Opens at the Buckeye Municipal Airport for all other participants
- January 7 9:00 AM - Half Marathon Begins
- January 7 9:15 AM - 10K Begins
- January 7 9:30 AM - 5K Begins
- January 7 9:45 AM - 1 Mile Fun Run Begins
- January 7 10:45 AM - Award Ceremony Begins (approx)
- Event contact
- StartLine Racing
- +1 480-912-7878
- Visit website