The Queen City Trail Scramble returns to Caesar Creek State Park for a scenic trail course that runs along the Caesar Creek Reservoir and features everything for the trail runner - single track trails, rolling course, dry stream bed crossings, and shaded wooded course. Run as a solo runner, as a duo, or get your fellow trail running friends together for a team.
The single-track course length is approximately 7.8 miles. The 25K runners will complete the full length of the course and back for their distance. The 50K runners will complete the full length out-n-back twice for a total distance.
5K and 12K trail runners will run to their designated turnaround points on the trail and return to Start/Finish area.
The course consist of 95% natural trail and includes some great views of the Caesar Creek Reservoir.
- Individual (Solo). Solo runners will run their respective distance with start time begins when they cross the start timing mat and ends when they re-cross the mat for their finish.
- Duo Running. Ideal for those who don't want to run alone and want to take on the race with a friend. Each athlete receives a time but must start and finish their prescribed distance together.
- 50K Team. Relay teams will run the 50K course with one member running the 1st 25K lap and the 2nd team member will close out the 50K by running the 2nd lap of the 50K. A team is ideal for pairs looking for a different and fun way to take on the 50K.
See Course Map below.
Re-Fueling Stations and Restrooms
There will be at least 2 re-fueling stations on the course containing water, Gatorade, Base Bars, and other light snacks. Vegan options will be available. There will be basic 1st aid kits available for your small cuts and scrapes needs. All participants are encouraged to carry their own hydration.
Park restrooms will be located at the Start/Finish, 1.5 miles (Furnace Shoals) and then at the trail end at the Nature Center. Based on access, a 3rd station will be located at the 12K mark.
Schedule of Events - Saturday, July 15
- Onsite Check-in at Caesar Creek Beach Pavilion: 5:45 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
- 50K Start: 6:30 a.m.
- 25K Start: 7:00 a.m.
- 12K Start: 8:00 a.m.
- 5K Start: 8:00 a.m.
- Course Closes: 2:30 p.m.
Shirt, Swag, Awards, and Finishers Amenity
Awards for each event:
- Top Overall Male and Female
- Top 3 Male and Female in the following 10-year age groups: 29 & Under, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80 & over
- Top Duo (Male, Female and Mixed Duo)
- Top 50K team
- Queen City Trail Scramble TriBlend Tee (unisex)
- Queen City Finishers Amenity
Athletic Brewing BEER, FIT FOR ALL TIMES
Enjoy and try a cold non-alcoholic Athletic Brewing Beer after your race. Whether you’re looking to cut out alcohol for life or just for a night, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your ability to be healthy, active and at your best, to enjoy great beer.
- AWARD-WINNING - Multiple gold medal wins
- GREAT TASTING - 5,000+ five-star reviews
- NON-ALCOHOLIC - Less than 0.5% ABV
- VEGAN-FRIENDLY - Brew without compromise
Countdown to event
5K Trail Run/Walk/RuckPrice changes in 1 month 9 days
12K Trail Run/Walk/RuckPrice changes in 1 month 9 days
25K Trail Run/Walk/RuckPrice changes in 1 month 9 days
Duo Running - 25KPrice changes in 1 month 9 days
Run the 25K together, must Start and Finish together, separate times (1 price for both runners)
50K Trail Run/Walk/RuckPrice changes in 1 month 9 days
Duo Running - 50KPrice changes in 1 month 9 days
Run together, must start and finish together, separate times (1 Price is for both runners)
50K Relay Team (All-Female)Price changes in 1 month 9 days
2-person team (all members Female)
50K Relay Team (All-Male)Price changes in 1 month 9 days
2-person relay team; all members Male
50K Relay Team (Mixed Members)Price changes in 1 month 9 days
2-person relay team; members male and female
Course Trail Map & Course Information
START LOCATION: Caesar Creek State Park - Beach
PLEASE NOTE: The race directors reserve the right to adjust this course if asked to do so by ODNR, State Park officials, Medical Director or to otherwise enhance runner safety in the event of severe flooding or very inclement weather….but please expect rocks, roots, fallen trees and branches, stream crossings and other fun we love at trail races!
If the course is adjusted where by use of the trails is restricted by park officials, the course maybe modified to bypass impassable sections of the course. Your safety is first and foremost.
MAP VIEW #1
MAP VIEW #2
Views From The Trail
About Greenswell Events
Greenswell events is based in Columbus, Ohio & Ohio's premier Trail Running event organizer. For more about us and our event schedule, visit www.Greenswell.com
- Event contact
- Craig Thompson