March 26 - May 21, 2023 (Date of Gold Country 5K)
Train with us for the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical or any Spring 2023 5K event!
If you are new to running or are seeking to make a comeback after extended time off, this is the ideal training program for you. This professionally coached 5K / new runner program starts on Sunday, March 26th and is focused on trainees completing the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical on May 21, 2023 in beautiful El Dorado Hills! You can also use the program to run any Spring 5K events.
Led by Certified Running Coach Kurt Jaehn, the group will meet twice weekly at 6:00PM on Wednesday evenings and 8:00AM on Sunday mornings at our Folsom location along the beautiful American River trail.
Registration will close on March 25, 2023
Group enrollment cost is only $85 and includes:
- 8-week coached training program with weekly training plans provided
- Unlimited access to the coach through private group page, e-mail, or phone
- Running technique, injury prevention and nutrition tips
- Free GCRS training technical T-shirt
- Personalized appointment for an in-store shoe-fitting and one-time discount of 15% off all purchases (Garmin watch purchases will be limited to a discount of 10%). All participants should have a Garmin or other GPS enabled watch or be able to run safely with their phones and will need to sign up for a Strava account (which is free).
- 15% off entry into the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical.
Meet Head Coach Javier!
Javier is a co-founder of a Sacramento-based Latinx/BIPOC run/walk club called Corremos Sacramento, with a mission to create a safe space for individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, and abilities to go outside and move.
His passion for running began in 1996 when he witnessed Michael Johnson sprinting in golden track spikes during the Olympic Games. Johnson’s awe-inspiring performance served as a catalyst not only for Javier but for numerous others to take up running. Javier has been running for over 26 years now. However, it wasn't until his beautiful wife and best friend Francis registered for their first half marathon in 2015, and later a marathon in 2023, that he was motivated to push himself to run distances beyond 8 miles, and he’s so glad he did. Completing 1 marathon, several half, 10k's and 5k's. Let's get out there and inspire others just like Michael Johnson and Francis have inspired Javier. ¡Vámonos!
Registration fees 18 spots remaining
5K / New Runner Training Program Limited spots available
$85.00Mar 3 - Mar 27
- Event contact
- Gold Country Run and Sport
- Visit website