RACE DAY INFO
Start time 9:00 am l Race day registration and packet pick-up: 7:30 am. l Vendors will be set-up by 7:30 a.m. l Volunteers: if you are unclear as to where you need to be and when, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Letter from your Race Director:
Today’s climate with the Covid-19 pandemic has forced us to make a few event format changes and put some safeguards in place for everyone’s comfort and safety. The well-being, peace of mind and safety of you the participant and the event volunteers is paramount in our planning and execution. Please read these few simple guidelines.
- On-line registration is available click HERE. Pre-registration is not mandatory, but highly suggested to avoid waiting in line any longer than necessary.
- Pre-race day packet pickup and walk-up registration is available on Friday the 24th from noon until 4p at the Redeemers Group office located at 3955 Whitebrook Dr. Packets can also be picked up on race day starting at 7:30a.
- Only one member of your party is needed to register or pickup. Face mask/covering suggested but not mandatory.
- Event T-shirts, race bibs with timing tag on the back and event medallion will be issued at pickup pre- race day, as well race morning for walk up registrants. NO replacements will be issued.
Awards will be handled separately from the live event, and which awards will be given out are posted HERE.
Location – Semmes Murphey 6325 Humphrey’s Boulevard. There is plenty of parking. Click HERE for directions.
Parking: Half of the large parking lot will be left for parking. If you are looking at the building, it is the right side of the lot. Enter the Semmes Murphey property from Humphreys Center Drive that runs along Baptist Women's Hospital and not on the other side at River Commons Circle by Arbor River Oaks Townhomes.
Walk up registration and pre-registered packet pickup on race day begins at 7:30a.
- Only one member in your party needs to be in these lines, waivers will need to be filled out and signed by consenting adult. These are short forms. Minimal information is needed to provide you with results. Please print neatly for clerk. Hand sanitizer will be located at these locations.
- Event T-shirts, race bibs with timing tag on the back and event medallion will be issued as you register or pick up your packets prior to race start. T-shirts are pre-shrunk 50/50 blend. NO exchanges or replacements will be issued after the participant has touched it. We cannot hold your gear or “stash it.” Extra race and volunteer t-shirts, if any are leftover, will be sold at the registration tent for $10 following the race.
- This will be a wave start event. It is a chip timed run/walk so your time doesn’t begin until you cross the start line. Please wear the race bib in the front. Wave and corral markers will be up race morning.
- Race start 9:00 AM Finish 11:00AM.
A few common sense guidelines:
- Please respect people’s space and abide by the 6’ guidelines currently the norm around the world with people not in your party. The social distance police will not be present, please use good judgement.
- Do not spit. Cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze.
- Masks not mandatory but suggested while waiting in lines at pickup or registration, traveling to and from your transportation, using the restroom and waiting for the event to start or finish.
- Awards will be given out to: (need to still determine, but will be a reduced number than usual)
We will not post results on site as it creates a congregation point.
- Please do not congregate at the finish line, there is plenty of room to wait for friends and family as well as cheer them on in that great big open parking lot.
- If you’ve tested positive and are or have recovered from Covid-19, been exposed to it, have been medically quarantined in the last 14 days, feel feverish or have a current fever. I am going to respectfully ask you to not participate or visit with us race morning.
- Any questions, I can always be reached at email email@example.com.
Thank you for being vigilant about each other’s welfare and safety while we shine a spotlight on an important cause and enjoy a beautiful Memphis day. I’m certain together this can be a safe and fun-filled event that is productive for Serenity Recovery Center.
We are thankful we are able to run together in 2023. See you at packet pick-up!
- Rosie Graves – Race Director