The LPC Guelph Triathlon Clinic is ideal for triathletes of all abilities who would like to practice triathlon-specific skills and race dynamics in a group setting.
Hosted by the LPC Triathlon Club and Loaring Personal Coaching.
- Targeted for beginner and intermediate triathletes (ages 13 & up).
- Ideal for beginners who want to gain more confidence in open water, on the bike, or while running off the bike.
- For intermediate and experienced triathletes, a great chance to pick up some helpful tips and feedback from professional coaches/triathletes, and bank a great day of training.
- All participants will receive a swim cap.
- Train over the same course as the popular Guelph Lake One and Two triathlons.
- Enjoy a fun day of tri-specific learning and training.
- Q&A with Professional Triathletes Jackson Laundry & Taylor Reid.
- Q&A hydration & fueling discussion with Coach Mark Linseman.
- Performance and injury-prevention exercises with Coach James Loaring.
- Guelph Lake Conservation Area: 7743 Conservation Rd, Guelph, ON N1H 6J1
- Park and meet at the Main Beach.
- Washroom facilities available.
- Online registration closes at 9pm June 9th.
- No event day registration. No offline registration.
- ~$6 extra (pay at entrance to park) to gain entrance to Guelph Lake Conservation Area (for participants who do not possess an annual park pass). This ~$6 park entrance fee includes parking.
LPC Guelph Triathlon ClinicRegistration closes in 8 days 16 hours
$50.00Apr. 18 – May 31
$60.00Now registering Jun. 1 – Jun. 9
What To Bring
Mandatory Items to bring:
- bike in good working order
- running shoes
- cycling shoes (if you use clipless pedals)
- proper attire for swimming, biking, and running. Extra clothing in case of rain and/or cool weather
- two water bottles (one filled with water and the other with sport drink)
- lunch and snacks
Please Note: Water will be available for all participants. Participants should bring additional sport drink, water, and snacks.
Helpful Items To Bring (but not mandatory):
- tinted goggles
- two towels (one to dry off, and one to use during Transition Practice)
- wetsuit (bring wetsuit if you own one)
- sport watch and/or gps device
- elastic laces on running shoes
- June 9 9:00 p.m. EDT - Online Registration Closes
- June 10 8:30 a.m. EDT - Arrive, Set-up Gear, Bike Check
- June 10 9:00 a.m. EDT - Introduction
- June 10 9:15 a.m. EDT - Bike (easy to moderate) over Guelph Lake Triathlon Bike Course (Try-a-Tri or Sprint)
- June 10 10:00 a.m. EDT - Run (easy to moderate) over Guelph Lake Triathlon Run Course (Try-a-Tri or Sprint)
- June 10 10:30 a.m. EDT - Transition Practice and Interval Brick
- June 10 12:00 p.m. EDT - Q and A during Nutrition Break with Pros Jackson Laundry & Taylor Reid
- June 10 12:20 p.m. EDT - Hydration & Fueling Discussion
- June 10 12:40 p.m. EDT - Triathlon-Specific Motor Control Exercises
- June 10 1:00 p.m. EDT - Open Water Swim (starts, skills, safety tips, sighting, navigation, drafting)
- June 10 2:00 p.m. EDT - Wrap-Up
- Event contact
- Visit website