Welcome to the Sacfit General Fitness Training Program!
Let's get moving!
Thank you for your considering Sacfit as your fitness program. We're glad you dropped in. Whether you're looking to get fit for the first time or to get back into shape after a break, we have a program just for you.No Training Alone
Our 26-week General Fitness training program is broken up into weekly segments, each segment consisting of three mid-week workouts (Mon, Tues, and Thurs) and a Saturday morning long workout.
- Monday is a timed active recovery workout of shorter duration.
- Tuesday is a timed moderate intensity workout or optional track, hill repeat, or stair-lunge workout.
- Thursday is a moderate mileage workout.
- Saturday morning workouts are the longest of the week where the entire team and coaching staff meet at the same location. This workout includes coach-led pace groups consisting of about 10-15 teammates, post-workout strength and stretching stations, and an occasional raffle!
Our 2023 Summer/Fall General Fitness Program not only improves your fitness, but also provides an opportunity for beginning runners and walkers to consider participation in various 5K and 10K running and walking events during the season, including the Urban Cow 5K.
For the more ambitious beginning and intermediate runners and walkers, a 5K or 10K may be old hat, so there are opportunities to consider longer distances, including the 10-Mile Buffalo Stampede or Urban Cow Half Marathon!
Finally, all Sacfit training programs offer flexibility because you never know what the future holds! Should you decide you need to adjust your goal later in the season, you can switch to any other Sacfit training program at no additional cost!
To help you further attain your goal and enhance your workout experience, our staff of over 50 experienced and knowledgeable coaches actually train with you - something no other training group offers. By training with you every mile, your coach is better able to assess and advise you of your running or walking form and technique, breathing, and hydration and nutrition intake, when it counts - during your workout.
Marathon training includes weekend workouts that can extend several hours. At Sacfit, we believe that keeping an athlete sharp, focused, and committed to completing those long workouts includes training as a group - not just meeting together prior to the workout, but training as a group for the entire workout.
Workout companions help each other push through the long workouts and keep accountability in showing up for the workouts each and every week. Sacfit is the only training group that ensures you have training partners each and every week throughout the entire training program - not just the first few weeks.
To complete the triad of fitness, we add Strength and Stretching to your Aerobics. This includes providing strength and stretching stations and equipment after you complete your long workout. We also have supervised yoga and other stretching discipline and strength sessions.
Sacfit is part of the Urban Cow VIP team, which affords each team member an invitation to the exclusive early packet pickup party, as well as our own pre- and post-race race day lounge, which include no-line portables and plenty of room and hay bales to relax and celebrate our team achievements. Our team is Sacfit Cow-a-fun-bunch!
Part of any safe and sensible training program includes aid stations for the longer workouts. Sacfit aid stations are famous along the Parkway and a welcome respite to our longer workouts. We offer a plethora of choices to satiate any palate of special food-diet requirement. And we ALWAYS have ice-chilled water and Gatorade to keep you cool, and ice to fill your water bottles. We also have first-aid kits at every station to keep you safe and moving forward.
Sacfit provides a comprehensive training experience that extends beyond a workout schedule and marathon training information. In keeping with our community and social-based atmosphere, Sacfit incorporates additional amenities as part of you marathon training experience, including:
- Tech-fiber team jersey
- Sacfit App which gives you access to your training schedule
- Private social media group to connect with teammates that is NOT tied to Facebook or any other platform, etc.
- Voice-navigation running routes you can download onto your phone or apple watch
- 5K or 10K Point-to-point workout with Free Bus Trip
- VIP race-day lounges for Urban Cow Relay and CIM Relay start
- Discounts entry fee for select races
- Periodic raffles at the Saturday workouts
- Free picnic breakfast for you and your family or significant other
- Discounts at select Fleet Feet stores
- End-of-season catered banquet and recognition awards
When does the season start?
We start on Saturday, June 10, 2023. Online registration is open continuously until the middle of August.
Where is the training location and what time does it meet?
We meet the William Pond Park in Carmichael. We start our training at 8:00 A.M. Not too early and not too late. You'll be done before your family or friends are even awake. Click here for map.
Can I sign up in person?
Yes. All you do is show up at 8:00 A.M. at William Pond Park on June 10. But you can sign up online right now.
Can I pay with a credit card?
Yes. We take cash, check, or credit card.
What if I can't make it to the first date?
No problem. Just come on out on June 17, 24, or July 1 and we'll get you going.
How much does the program cost?
Sacfit's 26-week program costs only $115 for new members and $90 for returning members. And for all you get, it's the best bargain in town!
What is included in the sign-up fee?
1. Team jersey (Tank, Short Sleeve, or Long Sleeve)
2. Individualized Coaching
3. Ability-based group workouts
4. Running and Walking Form Clinics
5. Fitness and Nutrition Seminars
6. Track workout Clinics
7. Discounts at Sports Apparel stores
8. Family Picnic Day
9. Discount to the End of Season Formal Dinner and Awards Banquet
10. Other stuff, too, but this list is getting too long!
If I'm a walker, will there be other walkers, too?
You bet. Our walking group is one of our largest groups. In past years, we have averaged between 70-90.
$100.00Apr 25 - Aug 31
$95.00Apr 25 - Aug 31
- Event contact
- Ken Press