Since the inception of the Strides for Shelter 5K in 2016, the Canopy Housing Foundation has returned more than $130,000 from the race proceeds to several worthy local beneficiaries:
- 2022: Charlotte Rescue Mission to have a dedicated space for intake and meeting of new program participants in new building - $39,444
- 2021: Hope House of Huntersville to renovate garage space to create children's play/learning environment - $26,760
- 2019: The Relatives to purchase a much-needed van to transport approximately 300 children on an annual basis to necessary appointments (medical, school, legal, etc.) - $25,000
- 2018: Men's Shelter of Charlotte to assist with the renovation costs at their Tryon Street shelter - $20,000
- 2017: A Child's Place to assist in addressing the needs of children experiencing homelessness in Charlotte (at a cost of $1,000 per year per child) - $15,000
- 2016: Urban Ministry and Housing First Charlotte to assist in building an apartment complex for people experiencing homelessness in Charlotte - $5,000
Proceeds from the 2023 Strides for Shelter 5K Run + Walk will benefit Charlotte Family Housing. Charlotte Family Housing is a shelter-to-housing program for working families experiencing homelessness. Their mission is to empower working families experiencing homelessness achieve life-long self-sufficiency through shelter, housing, supportive services, and advocacy.
Funds from this year’s race will redesign, restructure, refurbish, and restock Charlotte Family Housing’s MAP (Motivated Achievement Points) “Store.” The store has household necessities that families require when moving from the shelter into supportive housing. Points are earned to shop by meeting program benchmarks, milestones and goals.
The Canopy Housing Foundation is the charitable, non-profit arm of the Canopy Realtor® Association. The Foundation strives to promote affordable homeownership, provide funding to create housing opportunities, and encourage volunteerism and philanthropic activities among its 15,000+ Realtor® members.
All sponsorships are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please contact Stacy Baum at (704) 940-3147 or email@example.com
Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2214. The license is not an endorsement by the state.