Ray White Hatea Loop Challenge Event Information.
To participate in the Ray White Hatea Loop Challenge and qualify for team awards, you must meet the below requirements.
- Teams must be made up of 3 or more participants. (workplace colleagues, family, friends, volunteers)
The approximately 4- 4.5km km run/walk event will begin and finish at the Hīhīaua Peninsular heading through the Town Basin following the Hatea Loop - Huarahi o te Whai shared path in a clockwise direction, crossing the Canopy Bridge, heading along Riverside Drive to Te Matau a Pohe Bridge and crossing the Kotuitui Whitinga footbridge to the finish area.
Click HERE to view the event course map.
UPDATE 06/12/2023 @ 5.30pm
Sport Northland, 97 Western Hills Drive Kensington, Whangarei 0112
Date for collection
- Wednesday 6 December - TBC
- Thursday 7 December - TBC (From 3 pm onwards, you may collect your bib number from the Start/Finish)
6.00 pm - All participants have to be at the safety briefing by 5.45 pm
The Event Organisers reserve the right to modify the start time if required.
Hīhīaua Peninsular, Whangarei (located near A’Fare & the Waka and Wave Sculpture, Lower Dent St/Reyburn House Ln)
DRINK STATION AND TOILETS
- A drink station with water will be positioned at the start/finish area.
- Toilets are located at the start/finish area at Hīhīaua Peninsular. There are also council public toilets at the Town Basin playground and Riverside Dr adjacent to the skate park.
PRIZE GIVING & AFTERPARTY CELEBRATIONS
Participants can bring food and a BBQ on the night. Whangarei District Council regulations stipulate that the Hatea Loop and Hīhīaua Peninsular is an alcohol-free space 24/7, so we ask that this is respected.
Live music will proceed after the start and straight after the prize giving. Anyone can book a spot for their team or crew attending to pop up a tent (to be done when entering the event, spaces are limited).
Prize giving will be held at 7.15 pm at the start-finish area.
Participants must be present at prize giving and show their event number to claim their prize.
Yes! Get your crew together, get creative, and create an awesome fancy dress costume, and you could be in to win 1 of 3 $150 Prezzy cards thanks to Ray White!
Purchase yourself a plain white shirt when registering and see the splash of colors appear before your very eyes, or if you're not keen about the colored powder (but why would you enter 🤣), you can wear a red shirt, and our color station marshals won't aim for you; however, we can't guarantee the powder won't reach you.
PHOTOS & RESULTS
There will be an opportunity to get your team photo prior to the event from 5.15pm under the archway at the start/finish or after your team has completed the event at 7pm until the prize giving begins at 7.15pm. Event photos will be available to view on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sportnorthlandevents
View Past and present event results HERE
There is NO parking available at the event area, ALL participants and spectators will have to park in and around the local council car parks or on side streets where parking is permitted.
TEAM CATEGORIES / AWARDS
Each team will need to choose which category they wish to enter. Each team within their industry category will compete for that category trophy. The times of the first three participants across the line in each team will go towards their team time which will be used to calculate the winning team of each industry category and overall team.
Teams can enter the following industry categories (or if your specific category is not there, select the industry closest to yours)
- Family or Whanau Team
- Sports Team/Club
- Agriculture/Recreational Services
- Real Estate
- Sport and Leisure/Tourism
- Volunteer Services
All teams are automatically entered for the ‘overall team’ trophy, and all participants are automatically entered for the fastest overall male and female trophy.
Workplace CEOs, General/Regional Managers, business owners, etc., can also select to go into the “Big Boss” category, where workplace “Big Bosses” will compete against each other for the fastest overall male and female Big Boss trophy – select the check box on the entry form for your boss.
If you have entered the event as an individual then you will be eligible to win the fastest overall male or female trophy.
The event will use the computerized timing system. All entrants will have their time recorded by an electronic strip tag connected to the back of their event.
You are responsible for ensuring that you wear the race event number and timing tag that has been registered to you. Please do not mix these up with other participants.
Gun time will be used for official results.
EVENT SAFETY & FIRST AID INFORMATION
- St. Johns Ambulance will be positioned at the start/finish area.
- Please inform a marshal if you or someone else requires assistance on the course. A tail marshal will follow the event.
- The event is held on public pathways.
- Take extreme care when approaching driveways and side roads – expect vehicles.
- Where there is a lane coned for participants, you must always remain within the cones to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Take extreme care when passing other participants.
- Marshals will be wearing high visibility vests and are there for your safety, follow their instructions and those of the event organizers at all times.
- There will be a lead cyclist preceding the first participant and a tail marshal following the last participant. If assistance is required, please stop and wait for the tail marshal or notify a marshal on the course.
- Due to health and safety planning, this event does not permit wheeled conveyances (Bikes, rollerblades, or skateboards)
- No animals (except guide dogs) are permitted to accompany participants during the event.
- Please obey all traffic laws and regulations.
- For your safety, the use of iPods/MP3 players is discouraged. Should you choose to use an iPod/MP3 player during the event, please have the volume at a level that ensures you are aware of your surroundings and other participants; please also be aware that your device might get wet during the event.
In the unlikely event of cancellation, notice will be given on More FM radio station and posted on the Hatea Loop website and on Sport Northland Events Facebook Page where possible; attempts will be made to email participants who have supplied an email address with their entry. While we will endeavor to make a decision to cancel the event as early as possible, due to the nature of such events, situations can occur quickly and without warning close to the start of an event.