BDO Parihaka Trail Run - Event Information.
Sport Northland - 97 Western Hills Drive, Kensington, Whangarei.
Thursday 4th April - 8.30 am- 5.30 pm
RACE DAY SCHEDULE- Times subject to change
- To increase safety on the course, the start times will be staggered by order of category entered i.e., runners, then walkers.
- Prior to the start, you will be marshaled into the start chute- please listen carefully to officials for instructions.
6.30 am - Registration opens ( start/finish area)
7.20 am - Safety Brief for Half Marathon
7.30 am - Half Marathon Starts
7.40 am - Safety Brief for PAK'n SAVE 12km
7.55 am - PAK'n SAVE 12km starts
8.00 am - Safety Brief for 5km
8.15 am - Trek Trail & Fish 5km starts
10.30 am - Place getter Prizegiving
The Start/Finish is situated at the Whangarei Falls Green Space
EVENT DAY PARKING
- Parking is available in the surrounding streets, or you can head over to the Tikipunga Sports Park and take a short walk to the start area. The Whangarei Falls car park is for non-participants/ spectators.
Participants will be able to store gear at the start/finish area while out on the course. Gear can be left at the registration tent, which can be located at the start/finish area. All gear must be clearly labeled with your event number. You will need to present your event number to collect gear. While all reasonable care is taken of gear, Sport Northland is not responsible for any lost or damaged items. Please do not leave valuables.
TIMING AND RESULTS
The event will use a timing system. All participants must have their bib visible on the front of their torso. You are responsible for ensuring that you wear the event number that has been registered to you. Please do not mix these up with other participants.
There will be no prizegiving. However, we will have our spot prize board up, so make sure you check it out.
There will be a spot prize tent at the finish area. All participants can go to the spot prize tent to try their luck and see if they have won a spot prize. Check to see if your number is showing on the spot prize board, if it is then you are a winner. Entrants for all events are eligible for spot prizes.
Place-getter awards for 1st place male and female participants for each distance will take place at 10:30 am
- The half marathons and 12km aid stations will have R-Line electrolyte drinks, water, and food to help you get through. The 5km aid station will have water.
- Half Marathon – 6km, 11km, 15km, 18km, and finish line.
- 12km distance – 6km,9km, and finish line.
- 5km distance – 2km and finish line.
There are no cups on the course
- Due to the native bush and Maori significance of the area, we have gone away from paper cups and have sourced some reusable cups which can fold down and pop in your pocket. These can be purchased when you enter or, if you have registered already, sign into your dashboard and purchase one there.
FINISH AID STATION
Upon finishing, everyone will each receive water, a banana, and a medal. There will be disposable cups available at the finish area.
- There will be toilets at the start/finish areas and on course.
- Half Marathon - 3km, 8km, 12km, 15km and 20km.
- 12km distance – 3km, 7km and 10km.
- Marshals will be wearing high-visibility vests and are there for your safety. Always follow their instructions and those of the event organisers
- This is an off-road event. However, some parts are held of public roads. Please obey all traffic laws and regulations.
- Always treat all roads as open and expect oncoming and overtaking traffic
- Take extreme care when approaching driveways and side roads – expect vehicles
- Where there is a lane coned for participants, you are always required to remain within the cones
- The off-road section of the course may include steep hills which be slippery when wet.
- Take extreme care negotiating the course as there may be potholes, tree roots, stairs and uneven surfaces.
- A lead tail marshal will follow the last participant in each distance. If assistance is required, please stop and wait for the tail marshal or notify the nearest marshal.
- The Half Marathon and 12km course includes mostly off-road terrain. This is on clay, loose metal and is narrow in places with exposed tree roots under foot - take extreme care.
- The 5km course consists of half off-road and road terrain. This is on clay, loose metal and is narrow in places with exposed tree roots under foot - take extreme care.
- No animals (except guide dogs) are permitted to accompany participants during the event.
- Footpaths and footbridges are to be used where available.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
IPODS/ MP3 PLAYERS
- For your safety, the use of iPods/MP3 players is discouraged. Should you choose to use an iPod/MP3 player during the event, please have the volume at a level that ensures you are aware of your surroundings and other participants.
KIDS 15 AND UNDER
- Dropping your child/children off by themselves or with a friend/s is not permitted at any time regardless of how many other adults are present, the child/children are always the parent's or guardian's responsibility throughout the duration of the event, not the responsibility of the event organizers.
In the unlikely event of cancellation, notice will be given on Northland's More FM 91.6 and on our Facebook Page. Where possible, attempts will be made to email participants who have supplied an email address with their entry. While we will endeavor to make a decision to cancel an event as early as possible due to the nature of such events, situations can occur. See our refund structure below.
To find out more about our refund policy CLICK HERE