2024 Trail Trekker Training Program
Sacfit Trail Trekkers is an introductory and mid-level trail running and hiking program for beginners and novices wanting to jump into or continue the trail experience, including shorter mileage trail races, or as a nexus toward the goal of an ultra-marathon-distance race.
While the Trail Trekker team is a fun and social group, the workouts are tied into a formal, structured training program with a shorter supervised workout on Saturdays and longer trail workouts on Sundays, starting January 7, 2024.
NEW THIS SEASON - More Point-to-point Workouts
Tired of out-and-back workouts where you only gain experience and training on half the route or course? Or the extra hours spent carpooling back and forth? With our new luxurious passenger transport vehicle, Sacfit Trail Trekkers offers more point-to-point workouts to maximize your workouts and familiarity with all the courses you're training for, not to mention enhancing the terrain variety. This feature is unique only to Sacfit Trail Trekkers and Sacfit Ultra Runners.
Workouts Start January 7, 2024 @ 7:00 a.m. See FAQ below for directions.
The training program is tailored toward various Winter and Spring "mini" ultra marathon events, including the Fourmidable 35K and Half marathon, American River 25-mile and 10-mile races.
Our first meeting is an in-person orientation on Sunday, December 10, at 3p.m.
Location Address is: 3330 McKinley Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95816
Attendance at the orientation is highly recommended as the season schedule and other pertinent particulars about the program will be presented. Dress in regular clothing, as there is no workout following the meeting. We will be serving drinks and snacks, as well as passing out useful trail items to complement your training experience.
SACFIT TRAIL TREKKER TRAINING PROGRAM
This program is designed for introductory and mid-level trail runners and hikers looking to either get acquainted with trail terrain and self-sufficiency, or build on previous trail running and hiking experience.
The program schedule is tailored to the 2024 Winter and Spring trail-race calendar, which includes the Formidable 35K and half marathon, and the American River 25 mile trail races. If you have another race goal in mind, we can individually tailor your program to any race goal.
Because our program is geared toward strong coaching interaction with each individual teammate, the 2024 Sacfit Trail Trekker team is limited to 25 people.
Trail Trekker Program Features
- Expert coaching and mentor support. Coaches are veteran ultra-runners having completed numerous ultras including WTC, Salmon Falls, AR50, Pioneer 50, RDL100K, Black Canyons 100K, Javelina 100, and Western States 100.
- Coach-led groups for the weekend workouts.
- Coach-supervised mid-week workouts for stair, track, and tempo venues
- Sacfit Ultra App to provide the highest and most accurate individualized coaching and analysis. The app also contains the training schedule, and the vast Sacfit Ultra Resource Library which contains comprehensive informational and instructional material related to Ultra Marathon training and related peripherals
- In-person and e-mail support for individual questions regarding training and running related issues.
TRAINING AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- Whole season schedule provided at the beginning of the program.
- Proven training program that maximizes success and minimizes injury.
- Multiple training venues to provide comprehensive coverage and afford thorough knowledge of various trails around the region.
- Knowledgeable guest speakers covering various ultra marathon and trail running subject.
- Sacfit Trail Trekkers is aligned with Fleet Feet Folsom and Roseville. We will have seminars during the season to provide invaluable knowledge in the areas of apparel, footwear, form, core work & stretching, as well as a pre-race review of the AR25 race.
- Oasis Stations (more than just water and electrolyte) provided for some trail workouts, including post-workout snacks.
- Technical Team Jersey with Sacfit Ultra team logo.
- Discounts at Fleet Feet Folsom and Roseville.
- Inspirational, encouraging, knowledgeable, and motivational coaching!
While our program accommodates a broad spectrum of athletic talent, fitness, and experience, ultra-marathon training is a serious and challenging endeavor requiring certain minimum aptitudes. The Ultra Marathon training program requires the following:
- You must be able to currently walk or run on level surface for more than 60 minutes at a pace of 16:00 min per mile.
- You should be comfortable with unpaved and uneven trails and general wilderness elements.
- Registration into training program does not include Ultra Marathon race entry fees.
- There are no refunds at any time for any reason.
- There are no exchanges or transfers at any time for any reason.
When does the season start?
Orientation is on Sunday, November 19, 2023, which is informational only - No workout. Actual workouts begin Sunday, January 7, 2024. Online registration is open continuously until the end of February. If you can make the November 19 orientation, another will be available with date and time TBA.
Where is the training location and what time does it meet?
We meet at various locations throughout the California Foothills and American River Watershed.
- Our January 7 workout is at Phoenix Park in Orangevale. We start our training at 7:00 A.M. Click here for map.
- Our January 14 workout is at Sterling Pointe in the Granite Bay/Newcastle area. We start our training at 8:15 A.M. Click here for map.
Can I sign up in person?
Yes. The best time to register is at the Orientation meeting - either before or after the meeting. After that, you can register at any workout, or anytime online.
Can I pay with a credit card?
Yes. We take cash, check, or credit card.
What if I can't make it to the orientation meeting?
Not a huge problem. Depending on interest, we will look into a tentative alternate orientation at the beginning of January. But endeavor to make the November orientation. Lots of pertinent information will be provided. Plus the season schedule will be provided at that time, so you can plan your 2024 training calendar well in advance. The orientation is also a great opportunity to ask questions. But if you can't make it, that doesn't mean you can't still join.
How much does the program cost?
Sacfit's 14-week program costs only $150 for new members and $120 for returning members. And for all you get, it's the best bargain in town!
What is included in the sign-up fee?
1. Team jersey (Tank, Short Sleeve, or Long Sleeve)
2. Individualized Coaching
3. Ability-based group workouts
4. Trail Running Clinics
5. Fitness and Nutrition Seminars
6. Track workout Clinics
7. Discounts at Sports Apparel stores
8. Saturday Family Picnic Breakfast
9. Sunday Burgers and Beers team building BBQ
If I'm a hiker/walker, will there be other walkers, too?
You bet. Our Trail Trekker team is a mix of runners and hikers/walkers.
- Event contact
- Ken Press