Established in 1978, PIH focuses on:
- Supporting the development of public participation in running for enjoyment and health.
- Organizing and promoting participation in running events and increasing public awareness in running programs.
- Encouraging participation in running for fitness, fun and competition.
1. Yearly membership fees for returning members are due by January 31 of each year.
2. New members are welcome to join at any point through the year.
3. If you join the club in the last quarter of the year (October, November or December), your membership carries over to 2019 as well.
4. Members that register for the 2018 Island Race Series receive a free PIH membership for the year. Contact email@example.com to renew your complimentary 2018 club membership. Harriers lifetime members also receive complimentary memberships.
5. The individual membership fee is good for one calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
6. For family memberships the fee is $10 extra for all family members. Please register as an individual then contact the club registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional family members names and dates of birth for entering in the PIH membership database.
7. Your membership fee is payable in Canadian funds.
8. VISA, MC, Amex, and Discover Card are accepted.
9. Your credit card statement will show a charge from Race Roster for your registration. Besides the annual club membership fee, there will be a small online registration fee for using Race Roster.
Club members can receive a 10% discount on purchases from local running stores, discounts on race entry fees, subsidized club uniforms, travel assistance, entry fees and, most importantly, the chance to participate in some of the Harriers-hosted activities in the running community including running in races, running on relay teams, organizing races, supporting races with volunteers and equipment, organizing and conducting running clinics, group training sessions and enjoying club social events.
The Prairie Inn Harriers website is located at www.pih.bc.ca and it has a wealth of information on running including current and historical race results, course maps, photographs, race reports, details on club races, workouts and Harriers social runs/events.