Established in 1978, PIH focuses on:
- Supporting the development of public participation in running for enjoyment and health.
- Organizing and promoting participation in running events and increasing public awareness in running programs.
- Encouraging participation in running for fitness, fun and competition.
1. Annual membership fees for returning members are due by January 31 of each year.
2. New members are welcome to join at any point through the year.
3. If you join the club in the last quarter of the 2021 year (October, November or December), your membership carries over to 2022 as well.
4. Members that register for the 2021 Island Race Series receive a free PIH membership for the year, as do Harriers Lifetime members. If your name doesn't appear on the 2021 Membership List shown on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to renew your complimentary 2021 club membership for registering for the Island Series. Also, make sure that your club name is shown on the Full Series Registration list.
5. The individual membership fee is for one calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
6. For family memberships the fee is $10 extra payable with the first additional member — subsequent members are free.
7. Your membership fee is payable in Canadian funds.
8. VISA, MC, Amex, and Discover Card are accepted.
9. Your credit card statement will show a charge from Race Roster for your registration. Besides the annual club membership fee, there will be a small online registration fee for using Race Roster unless you prepay Bob or Gary by cheque or cash. We encourage as many members as possible to register online so the Race Roster database is complete.
10. If you wish to renew your 2021 BC Athletics membership or take out a new BCA membership, please contact email@example.com as Bob is both the Harriers Club Registrar and the BCA Club Registrar. BC Athletics membership fees are shown on their website.
Club members can receive a 10% discount on purchases from local running stores, discounts on race entry fees, subsidized club uniforms, travel assistance, entry fees and, most importantly, the chance to participate in some of the Harriers-hosted activities in the running community including running races, running on relay teams, organizing races, supporting races with volunteers and equipment, organizing and conducting running clinics, group training sessions and enjoying club social events.
The Prairie Inn Harriers website is located at www.pih.bc.ca and it has a wealth of information on running including current and historical race results, course maps, photographs, race reports, details on club races, workouts and Harriers social runs/events.