Established in 1978, PIH focuses on:
- Encouraging and supporting the development of public participation in running for fitness and health.
- Organizing and promoting mass participation running events and educational and public awareness running programs.
1. Yearly membership dues for returning members are due by January 31 of each year.
2. New members are welcome to join at any point through the year.
3. If you join the club within the last quarter of the year (October, November or December), your membership carries over to 2018 as well.
4. Members that register for the 2017 Island Race Series receive a free PIH membership for the year. Contact email@example.com to renew your complimentary 2017 club membership.
5. The membership fee is good for one calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
6. Your membership fee is payable in Canadian funds.
7. VISA, MC, Amex, and Discover Card are accepted.
8. Your credit card statement will show a charge from Race Roster for your registration. Besides the annual club membership fee, there will be a small online registration fee for using Race Roster.
Club members can receive a 10% discount on purchases from local running stores, discounts on race entry fees, subsidized club uniforms and, most importantly, the chance to participate in some of the Harriers activities in the running community: Running in races, running on relay teams, organizing races, supporting races with volunteers and equipment, organizing and conducting running clinics, group training sessions and having a good time at club social events.
The Prairie Inn Harriers website is located at www.pih.bc.ca and it has a wealth of information on running including current and historical race results, course maps, photographs, race reports, details on club races, workouts and Harriers social runs/events.