Western North Carolina's
Favorite Race Series is
"Doubling Down" in 2018
with 2 distances at each event
9am starting times
March 10th - 5k or 8k - Catawba Brewing - Asheville
April 28th – 5k or 10k - Pisgah Brewing - Black Mountain
September 29th - 5k or 7Miler - New Belgium Brewing - Asheville
October 27th - 5k or 8Miler - Bold Rock Cidery - Mills River
Become a Race to the Taps Marathoner:
Complete all four longer distances and log 26.2 miles over the course of the series.
Register as a marathoner before 3/8 and receive:
- a discount on all races
- a commemorative flight glass at each race
- Race to the Taps wooden flight board at the final event.*
*Marathon registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
Registration includes a commemorative bib and, if your 21 and over, a beer to toast your achievement at the finish line party.
T-shirt NOT included in registration fee.
You pick the tee you want or skip it all together! There are at least 2 styles at each event from which to choose.
The 2018 Race to the Taps Series is presented by:
Non-Profit Partners Include
Children First/Communities In Schools is a non-profit that has been empowering and advocating for children and their families for over forty years. They provide services and resources to improve attendance, behavior, coursework, and parent engagement so that students can come to school ready to learn, graduate, and succeed in life. They also advocate for improved public policies with local and state leaders to expand access to housing, healthcare and early childhood care and learning. Get involved: donate, advocate and volunteer at childrenfirstcisbc.org.
Kiwanis is a Global Organization of Volunteers Dedicated to Improving the World One Child and One Community at a Time
We, the Kiwanis Club of Asheville, seek to offer service and leadership opportunities to those who desire to serve the needs of children, youth and adults in our local community.
The Six Objects of Kiwanis:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic services, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism, which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
2018 Race to the Taps 5K or 8K at Catawba Brewing
Event Date: Sat, March 10, 2018
2018 Race to the Taps 5K or 10K at Pisgah Brewing
Event Date: Sat, April 28, 2018
2018 Race to the Taps 5K or 7 Miler at New Belgium Brewing
Event Date: Sat, September 29, 2018