June Virtual Challenge
June is Migraine & Headache Awareness Month!
Although we'd love to host a Miles for Migraine walk/run event in every state in June, the next best option is for us join together virtually. We've created this special virtual challenge so that we can join together as a community. Our goals are:
A virtual walk/race is one that can be done at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race in your town. You can walk/run at your pace wherever you like.
Here is how the June Challenge works:
Register yourself on this site. Try and get out for some type of activity on as many days in the month of June as you can. You will track your activity with an app called Strava. Using the pledge page and tools we provide, fundraise by collecting donations for yourself or your team. We'll have great prizes based on the amount you fundraise and an extra bonus for the biggest fundraisers and the most active participants.
Raise $50 and earn:
Prizes awarded for top FUNDRAISERS*:
*must fundraise at least as much as prize money awarded (e.g first place must fundraise minimum of $200).
Prizes awaded for MOST ACTIVE*:
*based on hours of activity
June Virtual ChallengeClosed
|Mar 23 - Jun 30||$10.00|
1. Complete the registration here on RaceRoster so that we know you are a part of our challenge.
2. In order to track your daily activity (number of days, amount of time, distance), we will be using an app called Strava. Sign up for our Strava challenge at https://www.strava.com/clubs/milesformigraine. If this is your first time using Strava, you will need to create an account and then click the "join" button. Once you join, you will be able to see how others in our challenge are tracking too!
3. Unless you are already tracking your daily activity using a GPS enabled watch linked to Strava, you will need to download the Strava app to your smartphone. You will have 2 options for recording your activities throughout the month:
1) Use the Strava app directly on your smartphone. Carry the phone with you during your activities and record right from the App. Remember to always hit the flag to finish & save at the end of your activity so it gets recorded! https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216919167-Recording-an-Activity-Android
https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917397-Recording-an-activity-iPhone . NOTE: Your activities will be recorded as "runs". You do NOT need to run to participate. You can still walk, even though the app says it's recording you doing a "run".
2) If you are already using an activity tracking device (e.g. Garmin, FitBit, Polar, etc) just ensure that you have your device set up to sync to the Strava App.
4. Set up your Pledge Page here on this website.
5. Use our fundraising letter. We have included a templated fundraising letter that you can use to start reaching out to your friends, family and co-workers to ask for their support in your event. Consider writing a paragraph or two about why advocating and fundraising for migraine and headache research is so important to you.
6. Share your Pledge Page and updates event through email and social media channels.
7. Starting on June 1st, be sure to get outside as often as you can for as many walks, runs and hikes as you are able to. Each time you go, bring your smartphone or tracking device so your activity is logged under our Miles for Migraine Virtual event.
June 1 12:00 AM EDT - June Virtual Challenge begins
June 30 11:59 PM EDT - June Virtual Challenge ends