Sept 30, 2018
A 4 mile road race in the heart of Dartmouth that perimeters Banook Lake & loops around Sullivan's Pond
RUN OR WALK TO SUPPORT
The M4M Mission
Our goal is to increase mental health awareness, erase the stigma surrounding mental illness and maximize the amount of donations to mental health organizations.
Student-Athlete Mental Health Initiative
We will be donating 100% of the proceeds from this road race to the Student-Athlete Mental Health Initiative. SAMHI is focused to eliminate mental illness stigma in post-secondary sport, facilitate access to the resources needed to maintain and improve mental health, and advocate on behalf of student-athletes experiencing mental illness
This event has been created in memory of Alex McLaughlin; a benevolent person, an all around athlete from the community and varsity basketball player for Acadia University. Alex took his own life due to depression in April 2014.
Important Race Details
- The race begins at 8:15 AM on Sept 30, 2018.
- The event will take place rain or shine and is not weather permitting.
- The Race starts and finishes at Hawthorne School in Dartmouth
- There will be refreshments and prizes in the gymnasium after the race.
- Atlantic Chip Sport Timing will be at the event for professional timing and online results.
- Hawthorne School has been reserved for the event. The gymnasium will be used for registration & race day pick-up and post race refreshments & prizes. As well, the indoor washrooms will be accessible to participants and spectators.
- Last year we used Atlantic Chip Timing ankle chip technology. Instead of this ankle bracelet we will be using bib chip timing technology.
- F1RST Fence Rental's is one of our proud service sponsors. They will be providing fencing at along certain parts of the route to guide runners and keep participants safe.
- Ladies & Men's running shirts available with a new design
What The Iceberg Means
The iceberg logo symoblizes mental health and the human mind; the conscious and sub-conscious, the perception of yourself and others and what mental illness can look like on the surface.
Atlantic Chip Timing Will Be Onsite Providing
- Road race timing
- Online results including athlete result profile to search results from past events
- ChampionChip timing
- Race Clock(s)
- Real-time results during the event
- Results posted to the web at the end of the race
Lets break the ice again in 2017!
4-Mile Run/Walk ClosedOnline registration closed
ClosedJun 3 – Mar 31
CA$24.00Apr 1 – Aug 31
CA$28.00Sep 1 – Sep 29
Timing and Race Services Provided by:
- September 3 8:10 AM ADT - Danny's Fitness World Warm-Up
- September 3 8:15 AM ADT - 4 Miler Run/Walk
- September 30 8:00 AM ADT - Under 8 - 1/2 Mile Fun Run
- Event contact
- Jon Hoskin
- +1 902-489-1105
- Visit website