Volunteer for this event
Volunteer & Sponsor Check-In
Arrival Time: 6AM
Check in Volunteers to ensure that all areas are covered for the event. We may need to adjust volunteers to areas as needed.
Sponsor Check in upon arrival and provide them with the location of their assigned table area. Get them help if needed for any additional items or to unload so that they can quickly remove their vehicles to the appropriate parking area.
Registration & T-Shirt Distribution
Arrival Time: 6 AM
- Pre- Registered Participants that have not done early packet pick up will need to be checked in and receive their bibs.
- Kids will pick up their capes for the kids4DAD run.
- Walk up Registrations will need to register and pay utilizing tablets and squares for payment.
- After registration is complete, we need the signs flipped to the T-Shirt sizes for people to pick up after the race and you will need to be prepared to hand out shirts after the race.
- If time allows, it would be appreciated that about half of the team go and become cheerleaders for the runners as they cross the finish line.
Parking & Traffic Management
Arrival Time: 6 AM
Manage traffic and parking as best we can cautioning drivers about runners. Attendees should park across the street at the 1117 building to insure that we do not negatively impact the stores.
Home Depot will be open for business as usual and we need to help manage the speed of the shoppers coming into the lots and ask them to stay to the right side of the parking lot facing the store.
Costco will be opening before we are cleared out so we have to manage the speed of the drivers coming into the parking lot and ask them to park on the left side of the lot facing the store.
Water Stations and Course Monitors
Arrival Time: 6AM
Both will be along the course helping police where needed and also to provide water to the runners as they are running the course.
- The team leaders will meet with Police upon arrival to receive direction from them confirming placement per map and also if there is specific information is needed.
- Assistance with runners crossing the street and traffic stoppages will be needed with the assistance of the officers.
- Water will be poured into cups for the runners to grab while running by. Set-up and Clean-up of the area will be required so there is no trash left on the street from the cups being dropped.
Tear Down of the Event
If you are not at the event earlier to run in the race or are not there volunteering earlier, please Arrive by 9:00 AM .
We will need to make sure that all signage is down, all tables, chairs, and trash cans are picked up and available to the rental company. All trash will be put in dumpsters. we need to remove all items and make available for customer parking as quickly as possible. Goals is to be done, packed and leaving no later than noon, but we try to be out of their way by 11-11:30 AM. The more hands we have that stay and help, the quicker the process and it makes the parking available for the stores.
Thank you for Volunteering for this fantastic event that helps bring awareness to our spouses, fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and brothers and the early detection of prostate cancer! What a great way to spend time with your father on Saturday before Father's Day. We are in the 9th year of this annual event and we're so happy you are going to help us honor all of our dads out there! Here's some general information for you for the morning of the event. We're looking forward to seeing you all there!
- Please arrive at the Home Depot/Costco parking lot (6400 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Sandy Springs GA) on Saturday, June 15th, by 6:00 AM.
- Please park at 1117 Peachtree Dunwoody, across the street from the race site. It is critical that we honor this. Both stores will be open for business before we finish; we rely on their hospitality and cannot take up onsite parking spaces.
- If you are bringing supplies you may drop them off, then park your vehicle at 1117.
- Upon arrival, check in at the Volunteer Check-in table where you will receive your t-shirt and be directed to your Team Lead.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen and/or bring it with you.
- We will have water available for you.
Thank you once again from the Race Management Team, we couldn't do it without all of you!
Packet Pickup Volunteers
Arrival Time: Thursday @ 2:30 PM Shift: 4:30 - 8:30 PM
If you need a shorter shift, Thursday, June 13th would be 2:30- 5 PM or 4:30-8:30 PM. Please email: dfuse@4DAD.org with any questions.
Location: Dick's Sporting Goods @ Perimeter Pointe, 1155 Mt. Vernon Road, Atlanta GA 30338.
- Sorting of t-shirts
- Registration lists - check off and make sure they have received shirts and bibs for the race as needed per their registration.
- Utilize Tablets and Squares for additional registrations.
- At the end of shift Thursday, put all items away next day except tablets and squares. Friday, box all up to bring to the race for Saturday
EVENT SET UP: FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Friday: 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Picking up food items from Costco for storage at Home Depot
- Blocking off parking lot from cars
- Signage hanging and positioning
- Venue Layout with Chalk for Sponsor tables
Saturday: 6 AM - 9 AM Saturday AM Setup: ARRIVE at 6 AM
- Venue Setup - Tables, Chairs, Signage
- Help Sponsors Unload
- Ice, Food and Beverages to be placed
- Get Trash Cans out and place around Sponsor areas.
- Work with Police, Course Monitors, Parking where needed.
- Set up "kids4DAD" dash area within the marked off parking area.
- Help Home Depot with table setup for children for the "make dad a gift" area.
- Serve as Cheerleaders for runners as they are crossing the Finish Line and for the kids4DAD dash runners.