19th Annual SWF Virtual Walk/Run
#SecondWindWalkRun | October 3-12, 2020
No time in our history have we all faced such trying times as we are now. In a matter of a few months, our lives have all been greatly affected, and our youth have been especially impacted. The majority of youth have undergone significant changes to their daily life and have sacrificed significant milestones such as graduation ceremonies, sports events and end-of-year activities. It is more important than ever to ensure that our youth have the resources they need.
As an organization with heartfelt ties to communities across the state, we are doing everything in our power to increase access to our services and mitigate the stress, anxiety, grief and loneliness caused by the impact of the coronavirus among children and teens. We are calling on our community of supporters to help us save lives and continue strengthening the mission of Second Wind Fund.
What started as a small school community Walk/Run in support for our youth has grown into an important day of hope, love, remembrance and celebration. Funds raised from this event go directly towards our efforts to providing access to life-saving therapy for children and teens across the state who need our support.
We invite you to participate in our 19th Annual VIRTUAL Walk/Run. We have various ways for you to participate and support the mission of Second Wind Fund.
- Register and plan on walking or running between October 3-12 (don't forget to post a picture or video of yourself on our Kudoboard)
- Tune in online at 9:00am MT on October 3rd for our live virtual opening ceremony and dove release, followed by a virtual walk
- Donate and/or create a peer-to-peer fundraiser
Support from Home/Virtual Closed
Includes custom event shirt
Our Walk/Run shirt this year builds on last year's modern design and soft cotton material. Every virtual registration includes a Walk/Run shirt (long-sleeve upgrades available). You must register by September 20th in order to be guaranteed a shirt by October 3rd.
Event Contact Info:
If you have any questions, please send an email to Josh Kumin at email@example.com
How to participate
- Register for the Support From Home/Virtual event
- Tune into our virtual opening ceremony and dove release on Saturday, October 3rd at 9:00am MDT and walk or run from home in remembrance of those who have died by suicide
- Complete your walk or run from anywhere in the world between Saturday, October 3rd and Monday, October 12th. Remember to take a photo and post to our Kudoboard
Run or Walk with the Motigo app
Motigo is an app that you can download on your smartphone. If you choose to run or walk with the Motigo app, periodically you will hear motivational messages from special SWF supporters and staff!
HOW MOTIGO WORKS:
Setup prior to your run/walk:
- Download the Motigo App (currently available for iOS and Android)
- Sign up for a free account
- Allow Motigo to “access your location”
- Choose "Race." On the next screen, pick "Select Event", then choose your “Distance”.
- Share Event with your own personal link: Invite your friends and family to pre-record cheers that will play during your race. They can download the Motigo App or visit the Motigo website, www.getmotigo.com, and “Record Cheers” via the web!
On the day of your Race/Run:
- Before your run, open Motigo, find your event, then click “Start Event” and you're good to go! Make sure cellular and GPS is enabled for Motigo.
- Turn on any other music or other fitness apps you typically use. Motigo won't interfere with them.
- Start moving! The messages will play periodically, and your other audio that's playing will automatically lower in volume.
- When you're done, press "Finish Event." All your messages will be archived in “My Past Events” where you will be able to relisten to them.
Other questions about using Motigo? Motigo has a helpful FAQ page. Also, feel free to reach out directly to Motigo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every virtual registration includes a Walk/Run shirt (long-sleeve upgrades available). You must register by September 20th in order to be guaranteed a shirt by October 3rd.
Virtual registrations made after September 20th will still receive a shirt, but we cannot guarantee it will arrive before October 3rd.
Alijah Holder, Denver Broncos Safety
We are proud to have Chris' Garage Doors as our Presenting Sponsor this year!
Thank you to all our sponsors! We couldn't do this without you!
Interested in sponsoring? Please get in touch with Josh Kumin at email@example.com.
Queen City Rugby Football Club
Montview Presbyterian Church
|1||View fundraiser page for Nickolas||
|View page for Nickolas|
|2||View fundraiser page for Michael||
|View page for Michael|
|3||View fundraiser page for Phil||
|View page for Phil|
- Event contact
- Josh Kumin