Join us for the Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County's
Fast & The Furriest 5K and Walk
and race to save lives. Register today.
Joining us for the Fast & Furriest in person?
We are so excited to mhost our awesome supporters for the 2021 Fast & Furriest 5K! We have several registration options, so you can pick the best fit for your family and pets. Please ensure to read through our COVID19 guidelines, and of course if you have any questions reach out to Kayla Hill at email@example.com.
If you will be joining us at the Humane Society for the Fast & Furriest 5K, there are some important things you need to know. The safety of our participants, staff and volunteers is of the utmost importance, so please do not attend our race if you are experiencing COVID19 symptoms or have come into contact with someone who tested positive within 10 days of the event. Masks will be required at all times until you cross the start line. Please practice social distancing while on the course and at the Humane Society property.
- No in-person registration will be allowed. Participants must register online prior to entering the race site. Registration will close at 9am on Friday the 19th.
- All event staff/volunteers are required to wear masks.
- Spectators are not allowed unless they're accompanying a minor.
- Each participant is required to wear a face mask at check-in and while at the venue area. Masks may be removed after crossing the start line as you begin the race.
- Face masks will be provided by the management team to anyone not wearing a mask.
- Hand shaking, fist bumps, and hugging are discouraged.
- All participants/staff/volunteers are reminded to use respiratory etiquette throughout the evet including covering their mouths before coughing and sneezing and avoiding spitting while on the race course.
- Everyone in attendance is asked to maintain 6ft social distance at all times.
- Event shirts will be available for pickup at three locations leading up to the event to prevent crowding on race day.
- Participants will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering the start area. If you did not receive your packet prior to race day, you will be assigned a bib# at this point.
- Once you have entered the start area you may begin your race at your leisure. Once you cross the start line your race has begun and you must continue to the finish line. You cannot start over.
- After crossing the finish line participants will be required to put their mask back on.
- Results will be posted to this website after the race.
- Participants MUST bring their own water bottle.
Get Fit With Fido
This year we are offering our early birds something special! Through January 31st not only can you register at a discount, but you will also receive a training plan for you and your four legged running buddy. This plan is great for beginner runners, or for anyone wanting to spend more time with their pup. Check out our registration tab for more info.
What does it mean to run or walk a VIRTUAL race?
We wanted to make it easy to participate in the Fast & Furriest 5K for out-of-town runners and walkers or anyone taking extra COVID-19 precautions. By registering as a virtual runner, you can run the 5k anytime from March 1 - 20. You can do so in your own neighborhood or at one of our pre-selected 5K courses around Memphis. You can find these courses by visiting our Virtual race tab. Once you run your 5K, return to your registration page and enter your race time. This will ensure that you are included in the results posted after the race. And of course, all participants are encouraged to customize their fundraising page and raise money to help us care for injured animals in our community.
Fundraise to become a Humane Hero!
When you register, you will automatically have a fundraising profile. Make sure to customize this page, and share with your friends to gather donations. Every person that raises $100 or more will receive on of our Humane Hero tshirts!
In the event of cancellation due to extenuating circumstances, all registration fees will be viewed as donations and are non-refundable.
To stay up-to-date visit our event page on Facebook.
For sponsorship and vendor information, contact Kayla Hill at 901-937-3917 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Perfect for: Encouraging a human and/or canine participant, Recognizing a loved one who loves animals, Remembering a beloved pet, Remembering a loved one who loved animals. Signs will be approximately 12"x18" and are text only. AND take the sign home aftDec 2 - Mar 19
This deal is only for our early bird supporters! With this registration you will receive a training program that includes tips on 5K training with and without a dog, leash training tricks and a schedule to prepare for the Fast & Furriest Race Day! This registration option is only available for a limited time.
$20.00Dec 2 - Mar 19