Join us for the Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County's
Fast & The Furriest 5K and Walk
and race to save lives. Register today.
Joining us for the Fast & Furriest in person?
We are so excited to mhost our awesome supporters for the 2021 Fast & Furriest 5K! We have several registration options, so you can pick the best fit for your family and pets. Check in will begin at 7:30am with the start line opening at 8am. Participants can start their race anytime between 8am - 10am.
Please ensure to read through our COVID19 guidelines, and of course if you have any questions reach out to Kayla Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you will be joining us at the Humane Society for the Fast & Furriest 5K, there are some important things you need to know. The safety of our participants, staff and volunteers is of the utmost importance, so please do not attend our race if you are experiencing COVID19 symptoms or have come into contact with someone who tested positive within 10 days of the event. Masks will be required at all times until you cross the start line. Please practice social distancing while on the course and at the Humane Society property. Please note that we will be doing two tshirt orders for this event. If you register before 9 am on March 9 you will receive your shirt at the packet pickups before race day. If you register after that date, we will host extra packet pickups after the race for you to receive your shirt.
- No in-person registration will be allowed. Participants must register online prior to entering the race site. Registration will close at 9am on Friday the 19th.
- All event staff/volunteers are required to wear masks.
- Spectators are not allowed unless they're accompanying a minor.
- Each participant is required to wear a face mask at check-in and while at the venue area. Masks may be removed after crossing the start line as you begin the race.
- Face masks will be provided by the management team to anyone not wearing a mask.
- Hand shaking, fist bumps, and hugging are discouraged.
- All participants/staff/volunteers are reminded to use respiratory etiquette throughout the evet including covering their mouths before coughing and sneezing and avoiding spitting while on the race course.
- Everyone in attendance is asked to maintain 6ft social distance at all times.
- Event shirts will be available for pickup at three locations leading up to the event to prevent crowding on race day.
- Once you have entered the start area you may begin your race at your leisure. Once you cross the start line your race has begun and you must continue to the finish line. You cannot start over.
- After crossing the finish line participants will be required to put their mask back on.
- Results will be posted to this website after the race.
- Participants MUST bring their own water bottle and snacks in order to reduce contamination.
What does it mean to run or walk a VIRTUAL race?
We wanted to make it easy to participate in the Fast & Furriest 5K for out-of-town runners and walkers or anyone taking extra COVID-19 precautions. By registering as a virtual runner, you can run the 5k anytime from March 1 - 27. You can do so in your own neighborhood or at one of our pre-selected 5K courses around Memphis. You can find these courses by visiting our Virtual race tab. Once you run your 5K, return to your registration page and enter your race time. This will ensure that you are included in the results posted after the race. And of course, all participants are encouraged to customize their fundraising page and raise money to help us care for injured animals in our community.
Fundraise to become a Humane Hero!
When you register, you will automatically have a fundraising profile. Make sure to customize this page, and share with your friends to gather donations. Every person that raises $100 or more will receive on of our Humane Hero tshirts!
Packet Pickup Information:
Packet Pickup will be hosted at the following Hollywood Feed Locations and times for those that register before March 9.
Wednesday March 17 3pm-6pm @ 4864 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38117
Thursday March 18 3pm-6pm @ 1001 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38016
Friday March 19 12pm-2pm @ Humane Society 935 Farm Rd Memphis, TN 38134
Friday March 19 3pm-6pm @ 2015 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38104
In the event of cancellation due to extenuating circumstances, all registration fees will be viewed as donations and are non-refundable.
To stay up-to-date visit our event page on Facebook.
For sponsorship and vendor information, contact Kayla Hill at 901-937-3917 or email@example.com
Time yourself and submit your results
$30.00Dec 2 - Mar 19
$30.00Dec 2 - Mar 19
Time yourself and record your results online
$15.00Dec 2 - Mar 19
$15.00Dec 2 - Mar 19
If you would like to support the event by purchasing a ticket or creating a fundraising page, but will not make it this is the option for you!
$20.00Dec 2 - Mar 19