Race Route Info
Time: Check in will begin at 7:30am with the start line opening at 8am. Participants can start their race anytime between 8am - 10am. See the Schedule of Events page for more info.
- No in-person registration will be allowed. Participants must register online prior to entering the race site. Registration will close at 9am on Friday the 19th.
- All event staff/volunteers are required to wear masks.
- Spectators are not allowed unless they're accompanying a minor.
- Each participant is required to wear a face mask at check-in and while at the venue area. Masks may be removed after crossing the start line as you begin the race.
- Face masks will be provided by the management team to anyone not wearing a mask.
- Hand shaking, fist bumps, and hugging are discouraged.
- All participants/staff/volunteers are reminded to use respiratory etiquette throughout the evet including covering their mouths before coughing and sneezing and avoiding spitting while on the race course.
- Everyone in attendance is asked to maintain 6ft social distance at all times.
- Event shirts will be available for pickup at three locations leading up to the event to prevent crowding on race day.
- Once you have entered the start area you may begin your race at your leisure. Once you cross the start line your race has begun and you must continue to the finish line. You cannot start over.
- After crossing the finish line participants will be required to put their mask back on.
- Results will be posted to this website after the race.
- Participants MUST bring their own water bottle and snacks in order to reduce contamination.
Location: Humane Society of Memphis and Shelby County, 935 Farm Road, Memphis, TN 38134 (just south of Mullins Station near Shelby Farms)
This event features a flat course in the area around the Humane Society friendly for running, walking, and strollers.
Accurate timing and race results will be provided by the Memphis Runners Track Club. The 5K will include a chip start and chip finish with the start line being open between 8am-10am for runners to start at their comfort.
See "Schedule" page for packet pickup information.
For information about being a sponsor or vendor, please contact Kayla Hill at 901-937-3917 or email@example.com.
THE FAST AND FURRIEST 5K COURSE
Click here for a downloadable map and course description
MILE 1---Located on Gardner Rd approx. 300’ west of the gravel road, the washer is 12’ west of the gas line ‘mile 21’ aerial sign.
MILE 2---Located on the east side of Sycamore View north of Haley Rd, the washer is 30’ south of the northern most of the 3 drives on the west side.
MILE 3---Located on the north side at the drive west of 6470 Haley Rd, the washer is in line with the west edge of the gas pumps on the south side.
FINISH---Located pn Haley Rd directly west of the Humane Society of Memphis and Shelby County's front lawn.
The runners start on Haley Rd at Farm Rd and proceed southbound with traffic to Gardner Rd where they turn right (west) and continue unrestricted past Mile 1 to Sycamore View where they turn right (north) and continue unrestricted past Mile 2 to the Greenline bike path where they turn right (east) to Mullins Station Rd where they turn right (south) and run unrestricted on Nixon Dr to Haley Rd where they turn left (east) and run opposing traffic past Mile 3 to the Humane Society service drive where they turn left (north) and proceed to the finish line.
Rob Hunter, Lane Purser & Larry Brower Sept 2010