Take a Hike Foundation
Every child needs access to quality public education that gives them the opportunity to reach their full potential, but not everyone fits into the mainstream school system. Take a Hike partners with public school districts to engage vulnerable youth in a full-time mental health and well-being program embedded in their classroom. We use the outdoors and adventure to re-engage our youth, support them in a safe and caring community, and help them develop the skills and resilience they need to graduate high school, build healthy relationships, and achieve success...however they define it.
The KidSport concept was launched in 1993 by board and staff at Sport BC as a way to help address the challenges faced by many families when registering their children in organized sport. From a modest start, KidSport has grown exponentially across the country and has become a truly national entity with 11 provincial/territorial chapters and over 180 community based chapters. From humble beginnings here in BC, KidSport issued $2.1 million in grants to 7300 kids in 2019 and has seen significant annual growth. Our mission remains the same….to remove the financial barriers that prevent some children from playing organized sport! Our vision…#SoALLKidsCanPlay!
Personalize your Fundraising Page
It’s easy to get started – simply personalize your fundraising page and send it around to family and friends!
- To customize your page, select Donate to participant, search for your name, and click on Donate on one of your profiles (there will be 5).
- Sign In to Race Roster if not yet logged in (top right).
- Click Edit fundraising page below the profile image on the right-hand side.
- Specify your fundraising goal, write a personal message, and upload a photo.
- Be sure to scroll down and click Save updated fundraising information.
Donate to a Participant
Click here to search for participants to sponsor.
Make a General Donation
Click here to make a direct donation to on of our Charity Partners.