What is Camp KM?
Camp KM is a virtual challenge that takes place over the month of January. Set a personal distance goal, log your kilometres, and earn an achievement badge based on the distance milestone you achieve. This is a virtual event – we’re not all going away on an epic camping trip together (yet!).
What do I get with my Camp KM entry?
Each participant will receive:
- Exclusive Camp KM Ciele CLBCap
- Camp KM Embroidered Badge upon completion
- Digital Finisher’s Certificate
- Exclusive discounts from our event partners
- Entry for prize packs offered by our event partners?
Bonus Items only available for In-Person Kit Pickup:
- Voucher for Free Bag of Ethical Bean Coffee
- Additional partner swag
- Sample can of Steamworks Hazy IPA (19+ only)
How do I input my distance and time?
Participants will be able to upload their distances and times from January 1st to January 31st. On the event page, click “Track Your Distance” on the right side of the screen. Click “Post an Activity” and add your distance and time manually.
Can I change my goal distance?
Sure! You can change your Camp KM distance goal anytime until December 31st at 12pm PST. Just go to your participant dashboard and click "Edit Registration". Changes to goals cannot be made after December 31st, but don't sweat it! The results tracker will still allow you to add activities if you reach your distance goal early.
Can I run or walk the Challenge?
Either! You can run or walk your way to your Camp KM achievement badge. Just be sure to track all your efforts so which know which badge you've earned.
When can I log my kilometres?
You can log your distance starting January 1st at 12:01am PT until January 31st at 11:59 PT.
Where can I run or walk the Challenge?
Wherever you are! The joy of participating in a virtual challenge is you can start right outside your front door. Please follow the guidelines outlined by your local government regarding social distancing and physical activity outdoors to ensure you are keeping yourself and your community safe.
What is the total distance I have to move?
Set your goal, complete the kilometres in the month of January, and earn your Camp KM Badge! We will send you a Camp KM Achievement Badge that matches your distance achievement. Badges are incremental (50K, 100K, 200K, 300K+) and are awarded based on the distance you achieve. We will only be sending one badge to each participant based on their total monthly mileage.
Is there any prizing as part of this challenge?
There is no ranked age group or gender prizing for this challenge. Each participant will receive a Camp KM Achievement Badge based on the distance they complete!
Can I change my colour choice of Camp KM cap?
Our exclusive Camp KM Ciele CLBcaps are made to order, and we have limited numbers of each. Unfortunately we aren't able to accommodate changes after registration.
Can I register if I live outside of Canada?
You must have a Canadian mailing address to register for Camp KM, and that is where we will send your Camp KM swag items.
Are there any Challenge Safety Tips?
- Complete your challenge solo or following your local health authority’s covid-safety guidelines.
- If you are moving with someone, respect the space needs of others; move single file, allowing others to pass you easily and safely.
- Avoid high traffic pedestrian and vehicle areas. Run or walk close to home in your neighbourhood during a quieter time of day.
- Adhere to social distancing practices* while you are out running or walking. Can you safely pass someone? Can you run safely on the road? Make sure you always have a safe way to move around people to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- You may complete your challenge using a treadmill if it’s an option that is available to you and that you would prefer.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Be visible and dress for the weather.
- Bring water and/or nutrition if you’re planning a longer route. There are no water stations in a virtual event.
- Carry a cell phone with you and tell someone the route you will follow in case of an emergency.
*Follow the advice of your local public health authority, to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
When will I get my race kit?
Camp KM Ciele CLBCaps will begin mailing in mid-December, so you can wear your swag during the challenge. Pick up will also be available from the CRS Office (in Burnaby, BC) on Wednesday December 16th and Wednesday January 6th, from 12 - 6pm. Once your kit has been mailed, we will email you so you can look out for it.
2544 Douglas Rd (Unit 119), Burnaby (Click for Google Map Link)
Unit 119 is near the far end of the parking lot. Unit numbers are located on individual unit doors.
Ring doorbell for "Canada Running Series" at Unit 119 and someone will come meet you at the door.
We are offering a covid-safe pickup. Please wear a mask and wait at the bottom of the stairs and we will come assist you.
When will I get my Camp KM badge?
All badges will be mailed mid-February. There is no pick up option for badges.
How can I donate to a partner charity?
Click Here to support a participant’s fundraising page.
How can I fundraise in support of a charity?
It’s easy to get started – simply personalize your fundraising page and send it around to family and friends!
- To customize your page, select Donate to participant, search for your name, and click on Donate.
- Sign In to Race Roster if not yet logged in (top right).
- Click Edit fundraising page below the profile image on the right side.
- Specify your fundraising goal, write a personal message, and upload a photo.
- Be sure to scroll down and click Save updated fundraising information.
Questions? Reach out to Canada Running Series directly at firstname.lastname@example.org